Maine
Options

Are you hiring a videographer?

I'm wondering how many other brides are hiring videographers and if so, any recommendations (our venue is in York, ME)?  I'm torn on the issue, only because of the extra cost, and my fiance thinks we'll never watch it.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Re: Are you hiring a videographer?

• Options
    I did not hire one because a good friend said she was going to film the ceremony and the major parts of our reception for us and then edit together a simple video.  And then she showed up to the wedding empty handed and never mentioned why she didn't follow through.

Honestly, I regret not hiring someone, even just for the ceremony.  We have great pictures, but I'd love to watch it, and have it to show our future children or my grandmother with Alzheimer's who doesn't remember being at my wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My aunt is a photographer and she will be setting up a couple little cameras to videotape our ceremony. We are getting married in front of a giant fireplace so they will be on there. She is doing our photos for us as a wedding gift so I'm not sure how much she charges. She has a page on facebook called Marcy Photography of New England. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We booked rebecca curtis.  She was the most reasonably priced.  She is out of NH but will travel to maine.  http://www.curtisweddings.com/
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge October- Honeymoon! 7 days in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! image
  • Options
    We're going to ask my daughter's boyfriend to do just the ceremony for us (using her video camera). I hope we don't regret getting a professional but it's just not in our budget.
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Options
    Were Using Fat Sheamus Productions, he's good a reasonable!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the helpful feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards