Maine

Boothbay Harbor Wedding?

Hi everyone.  My FI and I got engaged in Boothbay Harbor in August and we're considering getting married there as well.  Has anyone here done that?  Any idea how expensive that might be?  Any insight at all into getting married in Boothbay?  Let me know!

I appreciate it.

Re: Boothbay Harbor Wedding?

• HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Lawnmere Inn and Newagen.  I'm pretty sure they are affordable and beautiful venues. Good luck!
  • frugalgirlfrugalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Coastal Botanical Gardens.  It is beautiful!

http://www.mainegardens.org/events-and-programs/garden-rental/weddings
  • edited December 2011
    I second the botantical gardens!  I'm getting married there in August.  Valerie has been very helpful and easy to work with thus far.  Good luck.  Boothbay is a gorgeous area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out this site!
    http://www.boothbayharbor.com/weddings/
    has tons of places to check out..
    i grew up down in that area and i think there a lot of option for all sorts of price ranges... the botanical gardens are gorgeous and i third that! but there are a lot of other places if that's not your style.  Newagen is beautiful but pricey... because you have to rent the whole resort for the event, like rooms and all, at least it used to be like that. 
    http://www.maineweddings.com/
    I dont know if you will be using a planner but check out Sally's site above, she has done tons and tons of gorgeous weddings for all price ranges in boothbay area.. and if you dont want to use her you can at least get ideas from her site.
    for hair.. i recommend Bonnie at A Cut above, i used to work for her.. she's amazing and is booked solid with weddings during the summer.

Also my personal opinion, check out ocean point... my favorite area by far and would be an awesome place for a wedding!

Hope that helps!  Good luck with the planning... send me a message if you want more info!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Linekin Bay Resort is very affordable and a beautiful location.

Newagen and Spruce Point are on the pricier side but beautiful.

The Lawnmere Inn is now a private residence.
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up in BBH and am getting married there in June. 

We were going to have it at Linekin Bay Resort, which has proved to be difficult (too many rules on what we could do and where  we could have it- we changed our date once to accomodate them and now they are changing everything so we cancelled recently.) We are getting married at the Ocean Point Marina (if you're into the boating scene and a casual wedding.) 

Newagen is beautiful- my parents got married there many years ago. It's pretty expensive now. And as Dolly said, Lawnmere has been torn down and made into a private home. 

Botanical Gardens are beautiful and also very pricey. Surprisingly though, if you get married in the early Spring Spruce Point Inn was running a "special" when we were first looking around. The other place my mom visited was Sprucewold Lodge, which she said is beautiful inside- it's a giant log cabin- and she said the owner was really nice. (One of our other choices, had we not wanted to be on the water and arrive by boat.)

Best of luck!!! No matter where you choose it will be beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a fantastic place called Oceangate Resort in Boothbay Harbor. You can get married overlooking looking the ocean under the white gazebo. Then move up the hill to dining room which is attached to an outdoor deck for your reception. My FI and I loved this place and it was so affordable and the best part was that all of our guests could rent rooms and stay right there on site and join us for a brunch the next day. Definitely check it out. http://www.oceangateinn.com/ good luck and happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards