Maine

Should i do an e-session?

My FI and i have been engaged since June 2009 and were not getting married until May 2011, should I bother with an engagement session with my photographer? She only charges $75 for it (no prints included) but I feel like you do the shoot as a sort of announcement.

I guess i'm just looking for comments on whether it really is worth it?

Re: Should i do an e-session?

• edited December 2011
    YES! We loved doing ours; it was so much fun!

But more importantly, it lets you get to know your photographer and she you. It's really awkward being posed and photographed, and going through that will help both you and her figure out the best way for her to direct you, how you feel most natural, etc. Think of this as a practice run for the wedding. If you get the first shoot over with now, you'll feel more comfortable on the big day and your photos will look more natural and relaxed.

Anniversary
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like e-pics are one of those things the industry made up and crams down brides' throats as ZOMG YOU MUST DO THIS OR YOU ARE TEH SUCK.

/end rant.

HOWEVER - ours was included in our wedding package (just under $900 with e-pics, 6 hours day of, and all the rights to our photos), so we did it.  I went at it (as Min said) as an opportunity to meet-n-greet with our photographer (whom I found on craigslist:P).  It is awkward to be posed, so being comfortable with your photographer (and having him/her open to your ideas/wants) is important.  

You said she only charges $75, but with no prints... do you get the rights to your pictures?  That was a MUST-HAVE when booking for us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• dmartineau1dmartineau1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes we get rights to prints and we get a CD of ALL the pics taken at the e-sess and on the wedding day
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I think an engagement session really allows you to bond with your photographer! We did one a few months before our wedding and had a great time! We got great pictures for our family members and were even able to use one of our pictures at our reception table that our photographer provided us with a signature mat for our guests to sign on. We used NH Images Photography & Video if you are interested - they do a great job and are a lot of fun.
  • hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only you and your FI can decided it's worth it.  We didn't feel the need to spend the extra $$.  Since my FI proposed in front of a bunch of people, we have those snapshots.  
    Life's a beach!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards