Maine

Wedding Planner?

Did you hire, or even think about hiring, a wedding planner?

Why or why not?

Re: Wedding Planner?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired a "Day Of" coordinator that helped me make sure the ceremony ran smoothly and helped with some pre-ceremony set up.  The thought of hiring someone to plan my entire wedding never crossed my mind.  I knew what I wanted and had no problem covering all of my bases.  My reception venue had an event coordinator that dealt with all of my reception stuff, but I still planned everything.  I know there are people out there who hate to plan things, so I can understand why some people would need assistance, but that was something that was definitely not needed to make my wedding happen the way I wanted it to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I did hire a wedding planner (b merry events) and it was the BEST decision I made!  We rented a private home and held the wedding there, rather than a venue that came with a coordinator.  Because of this, we had to do everything ourselves.  Our planner was paid by the hour so we could use her as much pre-wedding as we wanted to or didn't want to.  She was great with logistics planning, timeline, rehearsal, etc.  Also, the day of the wedding I have never seen anyone work so hard in my entire life.  She busted her butt and ran around like a crazy woman so I didn't have to.  My day would never have been half as good as it was if it weren't for her.  She was easily worth twice as much as we paid for her and if I had to do it all over again, I would have used her for MORE.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Luckily my grandmother is a wedding planner. She helped me plan EVERYTHING about my wedding, but I wanted her to be able to relax on my wedding day. I called a friend's SIL who used a wedding planner she loved for her contact, and my friend's SIL actually vvolunteered to be my DOC. I'm so so so glad she wanted to do this. We ended up giving her $250 (she insisted on not being paid, but she was amazing) because of how hard she worked. I couldn't have imagined not having her there to run things. It wa a complete gamble because she'd never done anything like that before, but we were running out of money in the budget. If you can afford it and it's not included in the venue, I would try and get a DOC. I didn't have to worry about anything the whole day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards