Maine

Alternatives To Sit Down Dinners

Hi Everyone,
We're in the beginning stages of planning a 150 person "destination wedding" in Maine. We're both from Boston and want a place where our families and friends can get away for the weekend. We're aiming for June 2013 and are just starting to look at places in the southern Maine area. Our biggest thing is that we want to make our reception more of a large cocktail party than a sit down dinner. Our biggest things are open bar, lots of dancing and food stations.  We've looked at Union Bluff and are thinking about going to On the Marsh. Does anyone have any other suggestions for venues that do not require sit down dinners?

Appeciate the help!

Re: Alternatives To Sit Down Dinners

• edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Nonantum at Kennebunkport.  I had sitting dinner.  But I think they can set up a tent by the water.  They can do what you want, great to work with.
    I also held a RD the night before and we invited all our guests. We had 90 people and we had it at Colony Hotel, you really can't beat the view.  They probably can set up something by the pool side as well.  They are good to work with as well. 
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Harraseeket Inn in Freeport.  We had a buffet (actually, they set up buffets as two identical stations so lines wouldn't get as long), but they can really do whatever you want, and you plan the menu with the chef based on what you want and what she thinks, based on her experience, would work well.  We had all out of town guests, so most people stayed at the Harraseeket, and some stayed at other places in the area.  The Harraseeket was just a really nice place to have it--the staff was all very warm, hot breakfast and afternoon tea included in the room prices meant guests were mingling a ton, lots of shopping for those that don't want outdoor activities.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards