Maine

Ahead of the Game!

Booked the DJ, and Videographer, and decided on a ceremony Location and Photographer!   I feel like we are getting lots done super early. We still have almost a year left! !  but I'd rather get it done sooner rather than later, anyone else getting stuff done ahead of the curve??

Re: Ahead of the Game!

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly what you mean.  We got engaged a year ago tomorrow (10/10/10 was our 3rd anniversary) and within 10 days, we had the DJ, photographer, reception venue, and officiant booked.  It was a HUGE relief to have those major things out of the way.  When I started booking things in October, most of my vendors had May/June/September already completely booked, with the summer rather open.  I was happy we had chosen July, but I was shocked that they were booked a year in advance for some things.  Definitely smart to act early!

The next year will FLY by.  The earlier you can get things done, the better. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jmconley08jmconley08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have about 9 months and have so much done already. We have a 2 year engagement and can't imagine doing it in one year (we also moved across the country and both started new jobs in there too, so a little bit of extra stress) because there is so much to do! The earlier you get it done the better. That was you know you'll get who/what you want at the best prices!

• edited December 2011
    Agreed. The more you can get done early, the better off you'll be. There are so many small details that creep up on you that it's really good to have the big stuff done so you aren't stressing about that while worrying about the little details. We started planning from Ohio and then moved to Florida so we went home in June 2010 and got ALL the big stuff done in the one weekend we were there. It felt so good to have that stuff done because all the detail stuff I could easily do from Florida.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! You will be very thankful that you got them done early!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, now I dont feel so Neurotic! haha!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely the way to go...my wedding is Sept. 8, 2012, and we've already booked the ceremony, reception, caterer, and photographer.  Still need a good dj, flower person, and officiant though.  I also have my dress picked out and plan to order it in December. I'm about to order a sample "save the date" magnet.  Since I have to do everything long distance, it's comforting to have stuff taken care of early!  Kudos to all the other brides ahead of the game!
    Cheers, Holly
  • edited December 2011
    First off- I miss you! :) If we did not have the same wedding date I would so be crashing your wedding!

Second-Way to go Molly!!! I am doing the same, I have like a lot of things booked/ purchased and it just feels soooooooo ggggooooddddd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards