Maine

Music Recommendations

HI Ladies,

So FI and I are getting ready to hire some entertianment for the big night. We originally wanted a small band, but I think the prices might be out of our range. So instead we might opt for a DJ.

Anyone have any recommendations? And what is a good price for something like this? We dont want anything crazy...no smoke machines or anything like that haha....just someone to play music for a few hours, help make special announcements etc.

One person has recommended Dan at DeBruin entertainement. Still researching that one.

Thanks for your help. Oh yeah-the event is in Western Maine, Oxford County.

Re: Music Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    My photographer recommended Dan too, but he was booked for our date.

We ended up booking Tom Morrisette through Double Platinum Celebrations. We've only met with him once, but were really impressed with him and Pat, who runs Double Platinum. Our coordinator at our venue, Shawnee Peak, said Tom was one of the best DJs they've had there, so that made me happy. He was laid-back but professional, and his personality and feelings about what a DJ should be fit well with our personality.

I believe he's based in Norway or somewhere in the western Maine area. He's got his own company, Morisette's Music and More, but also contracts with Double Platinum.

As for price, we only checked out a couple DJs, but for 5 hours of music (nothing over the top) it seemed to range from $600 to $800. You could probably find it for a bit cheaper, but we felt we wanted to go with someone who seemed experienced and reputable than risk it with someone just starting out. If you want someone to do the ceremony music too in a different location than where the reception is, that requires another setup and more money as well.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards