Maine

Inexpensive Off-Site Catering

Hello All -

This is my first post on here so I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly or not, but I'm getting married next September (2012) at Ram Island Farm in Cape Elizabeth and I have a pretty tight budget. My fiance is a chef so he's going to make all the bread and apps for the wedding, but we need a caterer to prepare and serve just the dinner portion. (We are doing our own bar). Does anyone know of any inexpensive caterers in the area? We are open to all types of food, but need the cost to be around 20-25 dollars per person.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Re: Inexpensive Off-Site Catering

• jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a BBQ reception with beef brisket, pulled chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans and corn bread. We are also making our own apps. I have two reccs.

http://www.famousdaves.com/catering/

Famous Dave's is a restauraunt. The catering manager Hope is super freakishly nice. The base price for two entrees is $9.50 pp. We've also opted to hire two servers. With the servers, salad for everyone, the menu I described, tax, travel, and grat we're going to pay less than $1100 for 55 people. It works out to be $20 pp and they're with us for five hours doing basically whatever we ask them including setting up chairs.

It would have cost us about $150 less if we went with just one server which would have been fine, we just want an extra pair of hands. Also, we're getting married over an hour away so our travel fee is going to be higher than yours would be in Cape Elizabeth.

Another company we looked at who is super well review is gourmet in a pinch in Bethel. They're over an hour away from us and there travel fee was crazy low. Lie $40 for both ways. For a fajita bar and salad with one chef and two servers (they cook everything on site) it was also going to be $1100 for everything included. Their website is http://gourmetinapinch.net/ and they were awesome to deal with during the quote process. They have several types of menues inclduing traditional beef/chicken, mexican, spanish tapas, lobster bakes, and bbq and everything is super super affordable.

Hope that helps a little.

The other catering company we were considering
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we had needed an off-site caterer, we would have used Foodworks (they're on India St in Portland).  Their prices are pretty awesome and they offer servers as well and their food is amazing!  The husband and wife that own it are super nice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys! I'll check all those places out!
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did our Weddingat Fosteres Downeast Clambake and they also do off-site catering, for about 33$ per head you can get lobster, clams, clamchowder, mussels, corn on the cob, roasted potatoes and blueberry crumbcake.  They also have chicken and a veggie dish available,  They are fabtastic and for the past year guests are still raving about having lobtser served at our Wedding!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards