Maine

Farm or Barn wedding/reception areas in the Portland area

Hi there!

Can anyone recommend on-the-inexpensive-side casual farm/barn/preserve wedding venue that can accomodate between 50-75 people? We're been looking high and low for an affordable wedding venue in a natural setting. I don't think we can pay much more than $1500 for a venue fee, budget-wise. 

THANK YOU for any help you can provide!! 

Re: Farm or Barn wedding/reception areas in the Portland area

• edited December 2011
    the caswell farm in Gray Maine. I tried to have my wedding there but she took a year off because she had a baby. If you google it you should be able to find her website...

good luck
  • littlefieldmjlittlefieldmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Pineland Farms in Gray/New Gloucester?  http://www.pinelandfarms.org/functions/weddings/facilities.htm I'm not sure what their pricing looks like, but they have some beautiful looking spots.    Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will definitely check into Caswell Farm. Pineland is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L but also $$$ from what I know.  But worth checking into because I have a small number of guests so who know, right? 

Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking for a similar kind of venue and my caterer suggested the Barn at Walnut Hill in Falmouth and Emmons Preserve in Kennebunk. You should look at those two places to start. They were fairly reasonable price wise. I especially liked the Barn at Walnut Hill because it is attached to a house and when you rented it you rented the house as well, so you and your family could stay there as well. 

We are using the Blue Elephant Events and Catering out of Saco and if you haven't already found a caterer then I would highly recommend looking into them. They have all been so helpful in our planning process. If you needed anything at all including more suggestions I bet they could help you with that too. 

Good luck!! 
  • edited December 2011
    PineLand is incredibly expensive its $2300. for the ball room and $5000. for the tent and there is a $5000. food minimum and honestly they lady there wasn't very friendly!
  • Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gloriastyle- I checked in with the owner of the Barn at Walnut Hill, which looks and sounds amazing, but they are nearly completely booked for the season…no dates available in June at all. My fiancé is a teacher so we want to host a June wedding and then go on our honeymoon immediately after (and before his summer job starts). I will definitely check into Emmons preserve! I have an email and return phone call into Blue Elephant Events…Can’t wait for them to call me back!Staceyhanson-Pineland is pretty expensive, and seems geared towards folks with much larger weddings than mine. Still beautiful though! It’s irritating when event planners are unfriendly or rude. I want to say to them “It’s your JOB to plan events—and this is my FIRST time. Don’t act put out or annoyed that I’m asking a few questions!” Sheesh.
  • edited December 2011
    Bunnybride- Its deff. a slap in the face when they are rude, we are getting married and having our reception at The Woodlands and the lady who does the events there Toni is amazing and so helpfull and didn't think all my questions were annoying! Good luck ladies I hope you all find a great place and they treat you right!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards