Maine

Am I crazy?

Okay so for the past 2 years FI & I (and friends) have gone on a bus trip to a Red Sox game.  This year the bus trip is June 4th.. 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE WEDDING!!! Ahhh.. am I crazy for considering going?  What am I going to be doing 2 Saturday nights before the wedding?  I would hate to miss it! Bahh why didn't they plan the trip around my wedding? haha.. just kidding! 

But really am I crazy for considering going & what were you doing 2 weeks before your wedding?

Re: Am I crazy?

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go! I think you will make time and fine a way to do it if you start planning now. That's my idea. Then again...I took a 1 week trip down to see my sister 2 weeks before the NY bar exam and still passed. This is what I base my advice on: if it's important to you to continue a tradition or not miss an important event, you will make time for everything else and you'll get done all the wedding stuff you need to! 

p.s. I'm graduating from my masters program 2 weeks before my wedding. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should go!  I can't really see any projects that would be so last minute that they could not be done ahead of then but not last minute enough that they could be done that far in advance (if that makes sense). 

I am not sure if I am going to go to my college reunion, which is a month before the wedding.  First of all, it is a 4+ hour drive each way, which I would probably do sans fiance and dog.  Second, our wedding 2 hours away from where we live, so we might want to make a trip down to the venue that weekend, I don't know.  Third, I didn't invite some of my college friends, because we're not that close anymore, but I don't know if it will be weird to see them so soon before the wedding (when my closer friends that are invited might be talking about wedding plans). 

And plato--I have several friends who are not sure if they can attend my wedding (7/3) because of bar exam studying.  I obviously am not pressuring them, but bar exams are definitely overrated. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, but we love you anyway.  haha - just kidding!

I think you should totally do it!  What a fun way to celebrate with your friends pre-wedding.  You'll be so excited and everyone else will be too.  It's one day out of many between now and the wedding.  If you schedule it you'll have plenty of time to work around it.  Go for it!  And have fun!  (This comes from a woman who is planning my annual charity golf tournament for a week after my wedding.  Just call me crazypants!) 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Hahah well nvm I asked my MOH (who went with me last year) if she thought I was crazy and basically figured out that it was my bachelorette party.. wooops! She's got to hate me right now.  haha I didn't do it on purpose!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha.  That sounds like it will be a great time!!
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards