Maine
Options

Black Tie Catering

Anyone have any experience with them? Pros? Cons? Would you recommend them overall? Thanks ladies!

Re: Black Tie Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked into them because we were interested in Pineland Farms in New Gloucester, and Black Tie handles their events.  We tried to get in touch with them and had problems, so we decided we didn't want to go with them based on that initial impression.  It was things like they didn't get back to us when they said they would, and they didn't keep track of our communications, so we'd call to follow up, and they didn't know what was going on.  We figured that if that's how they were when we were thinking about booking them, we didn't want to trust them with the catering and event planning.  Just our experience, maybe others can share more positive reviews.  
  • Options
    lindylou79lindylou79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been working with them for several months and are very pleased.  We are working with Amy Collins and love her.  I'd highly recommend working with her if you get a choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with them since our wedding will be at Jones Landing on Peaks Island.  Everything has been good so far and I have had absolutely no problems.  They were calling me more then I thought was necessary in the beginning but it was reassuring!  We had our tasting which was WONDERFUL!!! The food was amazing & the tasting was so personal and filling!  Since the tasting I hadn't heard from them so I called my contact yesterday. She answered even though she was on vacation, I was just concerned because I am trying to finalize the budget and money and what not and I feel like I have no idea how much the catering will cost.  Camille reassured me that it would be within our original estimate which made me feel better.  So other than not hearing from them in the past 2 months it's been wonderful, I'm pretty laid back and haven't needed to talk to them much.  Based on the quality of the food, the pricing & the service I've had so far I would DEFINITELY recommend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually getting married at Pineland and have been working with Black Tie. With Pineland, its been a little tricky for them because Pineland had its own event planners and outsourced their catering to BT. Now Black Tie runs the whole thing. Also, Black Tie lost its main event planner, so that was obviously difficult to transition into.  I have been engaged for 22 months, and have seen everything happen. It wasn't seamless, but I felt they made every effort to keep people informed and happy....oh and the food---AMAZING.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen (jnormande) just had them caterer her wedding in February.  She hasn't posted vendor reviews but you may want to reach out to her.  She had some struggles with communication towards the end, but from the pictures I saw it looks like everything worked out.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    lamoureux86lamoureux86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks ladies! That's very reassuring.

The deal with me is that my fiance and I live in Hawaii currently (he's in the Army and is stationed here until 2013), we are getting married here at the end of this month, just the 2 of us, but are having an at-home reception type of thing in Maine in October (unfortunately it's the soonest we could make it back), where I was born and raised (and I'm missing it like crazy!). We are having it at The Portland Company. My parents are being amazing and doing pretty much all of the legwork for the party and my dad is really adament about Black Tie Catering, he's met with them and really likes what he's seen so far, but I figured I would come on here and see if any of you girls had any extra input. I feel good about going with them now! They set my parents up with a coordinator, I can't remember her name at the moment, but it sounds like she will be a huge help to them and get everything from linens to food to tables and chairs all in place. I'm soooo looking forward to our homecoming/reception!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Sounds like the party will be a blast!  And congrats on the upcoming wedding.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards