Maine

AW Checks and DIY

Our bands came in the mail last week, and they both it and we love them! I also got the photo guest book from Shutterfly I made using our engagement photos. It's really cute, and people can sign around the pages. I think it's a neat alternative, and something we can keep out for us and visitors to look at. Pictures of the rings and the book in my bio, under Bling and Stationery/paper, respectively.

Also, I ordered a necklace from Amazon I thought would be cute for the BMs, and it is! Now I'm going to order the rest and matching earrings. Here's a pic -- it looks champagne colored, but it's actually bright white:

Also, I've been doing some DIY projects lately, and I found this Martha Stewart Weddings idea for tissue paper flowers as decoration and napkin rings. They are really easy and fun to make, and look really cute, I think! I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with them though! I was thinking of using them instead of flowers to decorate the arch and the chairs for the ceremony, since it's way cheaper and since people will only see them for like half an horu anyways. Any thoughts?

I'm making pink ones too!

Anniversary

Re: AW Checks and DIY

• edited December 2011
    Wow!  You've been busy!  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theyre cute! I made tons of them for pomanders but Im also going to make some for decorating other things too. & where did you order your rings from?
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like I should know what a pomander is and what it's used for.... haha. I made some giant ones like the directions said, but I thought they were too big -- I've liked making the little ones better. My mom was like, "oh, those would be cute for the shower! make a bunch more!" haha.

We ordered the rings from Blue Nile (www.bluenile.com), where FI ordered my engagement ring. We found their prices for platinum and palladium to be cheaper than retail stores, since it's not as widely available, but I'm not sure about the gold prices. It seems to be high quality and their customer service has been great. They custom sized both my rings for no extra charge.

Anniversary
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that's our last major thing we need is the rings, Ill check that site out.
    & these are our pomanders, we're hanging them for the ceremony I hate the purple & yellow one but my daughter loves it so I lose, Ill just hang it farthest out so there are less pictures of it.

• schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am also gonna make tissue paper flowers, i will make small ones about 2 inches wide, i am going to put a couple of beads by wire and twisting it around the center before i pull each layer up. I am using them in my centerpieces i will have a  variety of vases, the big vases i am putting twigs into and tying the tissue paper flowers on some of the twigs(5 or so), on the smaller vases there will be tissue paper flowers tied on to twigs as the 'stems' (i have just started experimenting so we will se how it goes) 
        my only suggestion would be try more layers of tissue paper they will look fuller :)
  • edited December 2011
    ugh, DIY is starting to give me a stomach ache!  So much stress!  We thought it would be fun to DIY our invitations because my fiancé's aunt is an artist, but I'm now realizing that it would probably have cost us less, and been WAAAAY less stressful, if we had just ordered some out of a catalog.  I wish I had contracted with all of you for my other projects!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's no fun! I don't think I could have handled DIYing anything as important as the invitations. I hope it becomes less stressful and more fun for you! What else are you DIYing?
    Anniversary
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards