Maine

Seating Charts

What are people doing to create seating charts?  I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to place people with 200 guests!! ahhh!

Re: Seating Charts

• edited December 2011
    I have a print out of the room layout and I am getting those little skinny post it "tabs", write each person's name on them, and then move them around until I can figure out who goes where.  That being said, I'm only dealing with 60 people so it should be fairly easy.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone I knew numbered paper plates like their tables, made a clothespin for every person as they RSVPed, then attached them to the 'tables' where they were being seated. She said it was really easy to rearrange them and keep track of everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard the tool on the Martha Stewart wedding website is good, which is what I may try out, but I'm not there yet.  
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the one on the knot for my planning, I like it a lot and it is really easy to work with.

As for guests finding thier seats, my guestbook attendant will give each guest a library card with thier name and table name(book) on it, once they get to thier table there will be a bookmark or seating card to let them know where to sit.
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't even thought about this. Oh man, I am behind the game! I might check out the tools on this site and Martha Stewart's. Thanks for the tips gals!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably in the minority since this is one aspect I'm looking forward to.  I'm not sure what method I'm going to use yet, but I know it will not be on a computer.  I envision doing the mini sticky-tabs or something like that, but I'd like to be able to easily move things around and not worry about mistakenly deleting someone online and not realizing it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok I singed on the the Martha Stewart site today to try out the seating application. This is definitely the one I'm using. Thanks JessicaBessica for the gentle nudge towards that site. It's so easy to use!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards