Maine
Options

Programs

I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about programs. We are having a very short cermony 15 to 20 minutes. I am making my own invitations, inserts, and RSVP cards as well as my place cards. I have mixed feeling on if I should make programs or not and what should go in them.

What are your thoughts are what are you doing?

Re: Programs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat.  I go back and forth whether or not I should make them.  We have a small group and we're going to be together all weekend and with such a short ceremony, I wonder if it's worth the effort.  I also think the "small" details can pull an event altogether too so that makes me lean towards making them.  I'm no help, I know!  lol
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making fans using scrapbook paper and card stock with a craft stick for the handle.  I'm not 100% sure what will be on it.  I might do WP information/relationships, order of ceremony, and music on one side with directions to the reception on the other side.  I might just do a monogram on one side with the directions on the other.  I haven't quite made up my mind other than the fact that they're going to be fans (outside + July = hot) and I'm going to put directions on the other side with the hope that people will take them and not leave them lying around so they have to be cleaned up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I barely think its worth it. Though I know a couple of my family members will want them. So I am doing a very simple 1 page 5x8 on cardstock printed at staples.

very simple and wont feel bad about recylcing a bunch of them and it will make my few family members happy. I will only print 1 per family and have a recyle box available after the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we will make them.  I am currently thinking about one 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper with info on both sides, folded in half.  Our ceremony won't be very long, either, but it is a Jewish ceremony, so I was thinking it might be good to explain some of the traditions we are incorporating for our non-Jewish guests and provide modern interpretations of some of the traditions that we are doing.  
  • Options
    Redsx15FanRedsx15Fan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your Ideas! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards