Maine

Nerves or do i really hate it?

I think i might hate my dress!!!!! My wedding is only a little over 4months away, do i really hate my dress or is the stress from house shopping, wedding planning, a new job and helping my best friend plan her wedding which is like 3 weeks before mine really whats making me hate it?? Just looking for your opinions ladys!

Re: Nerves or do i really hate it?

• edited December 2011
    I think it's stress.  I would imagine it's really hard to plan your wedding and help your friend with hers at the same time, because you have to think about two different styles and can't devote all your enthusiasm to your own stuff.  If you want to post a picture of your dress, maybe we can help point out how awesome it is?  

If you could afford to get another dress, maybe you could go shopping again?  That might make you realize that you made a good choice the first time, too.  Where did you get your first dress?  Did you like the consultant you worked with, if there was anyone?  Maybe you could make another appointment with her, and she could help you see that you picked a great dress or help you find something else.  Good luck!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey...sounds like you're under a lot of pressure. I'm not sure any of us will really be able to answer that question for you. It sounds like something you'll likely have to answer for yourself. 

I'm sorry that you aren't still in love with the dress. Do you have options? Could you afford to buy another one and sell the one you have? 

Best of luck with the decision - sending you positive vibes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree.  There was something that made you fall in love with the dress in the first place.  There is a lot of stress and a lot of doubt that we all go through.  I'm sure you will be a stunning bride!
    Married 9.4.11
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if its in the budget, what about a seccond dress? Something that is shorter or lighter for the reception (assuming your dress is traditonal of course)

yes there must have been somehting that made you fall in love with it, take a deep breath and relax. Maybe get together with your bridesmaids, have a cocktail and try it on with your assessories.
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    edited December 2011
    I bought two dresses. I was fortunate that I got both on clearance though. The first dress I loved, but felt super pressured into buying it because it was such a good deal. (i'm sure that's not what your circumstance was).

I did what schadbourne suggested. I tried it on for some of my friends who helped me  figure out exactly what I didn't like about it.

It can't hurt to do that, and if you're REALLY having doubts, it also can't hurt to look at other dresses if it's at all possible for you to afford another one.. I found my second dress for $100 at bridals by sandy in alfred completely by accident. i know i don't want another dress because i've stopped looking at other dresses.

Honestly though, you loved it when you bought it, so it probably is the right dress.

Post pictures!
  • edited December 2011

Mind you know its fitted and everythingnow it was to small because i put on alot of weight when i got out of the military. and it has a long train its bustled in this picture.  I can't afford to buy another dress. you can see it online if you goog;e maggie sottero "eliza" they don't make it anymore though.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly I think the shape and the sweetheart neckline are perfect for you. Can you out a finger on what exactly you don't like about it? Does it coordinate with the overall feel of your wedding? Put in on again and really look at it...I did that with one dress I thought I had talked myself out of and I ended up liking it even more the second time I put it on! It absolutely has to be your decision but don't let nerves get in the way of getting what you really want! Good luck! You will work it all out!
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    edited December 2011
    honestly it's everything i myself looked for in a dress! it has a corset back, sweetheart neckline, a-line, and some detaiing. it's also timeless. i think in thirty years you won't shudder when you look at your wedding photos. i think it's lovely.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

(if your into the poof) what about getting a bigger crinny/petitcoat to make it wider at the bottom.

i think both looks are fanstasic it is just a slightly different look

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your opinions. I appreciate it, i think its just that i am stressed!  I will keep you update!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards