Mississippi

Over- All Vendor review

Hi Brides!
I am writing to give you a great over view all every vendor I used for my wedding. We got married on June 10th 2011 in Mandeville,La. (Right across the Causeway) Smile
Let me start by saying my mother and I did all of the planning and preparation for this fantastic event.
First off the ring.. :) it came from Lee Michaels.. AMAZING!! :) I love every detail of it and even when I go in now just to get it cleaned and inspected everyone in there is so nice. His "dress" ring came from Zales and his "play" ring (max 4 camo) came from Titanumbuzz.com . It has help up really well, we didnt expect it to being that it has the camo on it. We also got my little girl a ring to signify that it was a family becoming one.

First we went to Davids Bridal to get my dress. MY BIGGEST ADVICE DO NOT IMPULSE BUY!!! Wink I went in with no intention to buy and walked out with a beautiful yet brave dress. It was not in any way traditional so I chickened out and exchanged it for another dress from Davids Bridal. I must say the customer service here is nothing to brag about. Every time I went into DB I became stressed and ready to leave in about 10 mins. Needless to say I had to pick a dress that day before I left so I literally grabbed one off the rack tried it on and walked out the store... My mom could tell I was settling so a couple weeks later she talked me into going to try Peals Place. The very first time we walked into the store it was like a mad house... (I strongly suggest them to expand that store and add more employees!!) I had the best assistant ever! She listened to exactly what I wanted pulled about 8 dresses that were so beautiful!! Needless to say I found the dream dress that made me and mom cry!! Laughing The next 2 times in there the customer service had did a complete turn around and they were fantastic. I do recommend them to start taking appointments!!! People get a little crazy waiting on those doors to open!!

For my jewelry,headpiece,veil, and girls jewelry we went to Just for me designs by Antionnete Cadow. She did it out of her home in Metarie,la and exceeded my expectations by far!!! Her prices were so reasonable and her jewelry was amazing!!! I found her at a bridal show and I'm so glad I did. She also did the grooms cake pulls!! These were a hit! They were so cool and unique!
My shoes came from shoebuy.com. We wanted an ivory shoe, with rhinestones on the heal, and thats just what it was! :) I loved that you could ship them back with no questions asked.. Becuase needless to say I had to try on a few to see which were most comfortable!

Hair and make up was done by Andrea Cooley at Get Polished/The Brides Lounge. She did all 10 ladies in about 2 hours!! :) Great job!

Photographer was Tyler Vance Photography. Him and his wife Kim did a great job! They caught every shot! I loved having 2 for the price of 1 because one could focus on the groom while one focused on me! So as I'm walking down the aisle one is catching me and one is catching his face as he gets his first glace at his bride!! :) They came about an hour before the event started and left after we left ! :) We got our album back and loved looking at every detail of the night over and over.

Our cakes were done by Kim at Pastry Bag. I know I keep using this word but AMAZING!!!!  She did my cake which was 4 teirs, my husbands cake which was a 3D duck with a ball and chain, and my little girls cake which was made to look like the top layer of my cake for less than $300 !!!! and talk about delicious!!!! We can't wait to eat the top layer in 6 months!!! :):)  If I can figure out how to get pictures on here I will if not they are in my profile! :)

Our Florist was Ambiance which is right next door to The Fleur De Lis Event Center. We priced 2 places including this one and when we sat down with this florist Melissa understood our view of what we wanted the entire time. I had hoped she could just make it come true.. and boy did she!!! They came in and decorated the gazebo in the big courtyard and it looked so natural!! They did the table arrangements for the reception and I was just in AWE when I saw them. You should be able to see the pictures on my profile.

Our Venue was Fleur De Lis Event Center in Mandeville,La. They exceeded our expectations by far. The starlit celing was over the top. The food was delicious!! My mom and I had done enough stressing and planning once we got to this point that we no longer wanted to ... and having it here we didn't have to! We got there early to get ready in the huge bridal suite. While the bridesmaids and my mom decorated the outside I organized everything inside. They even had a shower in the bridal suite to freshen up in before they got dressed. The coordinator helped us set everything up and took care of us the entire night. It was so nice for my parents and inlaws to have their own personal assistant to make sure their glasses were full and they were happy the entire night.

I had hired an outside DJ. His name was David with Omega Sound. He was so much fun! He even did a mix for our father/daughter dance and it was a big hit!!! He kept the dance floor packed all night long and kept checking on me to make sure I was happy!

We still went to Davids Bridal to get the Bridesmaids dresses. I was so thankful by the time we were done with them! We got the Tux's from Mens Warehouse. No major impressions from them eitherway.

We got the secondline hankerchiefs from http://www.secondlinehandkerchiefs.com/ She got them exactly right and back in such a quick mannor. They were a very good quality as well.

We ordered the ballons with the LED lights in them to let go at the end of the wedding from save-on-crafts.com

My one complaint was my officiant LINDA STRICKLAND. I do not reccomend her at all ever!!!! It all started when she got mad she wasn't invited to the rehearsal dinner. The mother-in-law planned it and wasnt aware that she was supposed to invite her, and anyway who wants to go eat dinner with a bunch of strangers!? It's not like she was my pastor!  She messed up the grooms name on every copy of the marriage licence, she messed up the cermony by saying we took a part out (that part being a very special part in which we included my daughter and she got her ring). So I had to stop the ceremony right before she was about to announce us and say ummm her ring?!?! Then she all of a sudden had an emergency and had to leave right after the ceremony so we had to stop pictures and sign the licence. God bless her if she really did have an emergency.

We rented the stretch escalade from Big Easy Limos in Slidell, la. They were very professional and respectful. They were at the venue about 30 mis early waiting on us. They brought us to the inlaws house to change then to the hotel in N.O. The limo was very clean and stocked with the food from the venue and our extra cake.
For our honeymoon we went to Bahamas and Key West with Carnival. I do think 7 days was to long however I think it may have been the excitment of getting home to our new house and setting everything up! :) We had a great time!

I think that is all of the vendors.. I might be forgetting something ...
I hope this helps you ladies out!!! Please let me know if I can help you at all!!!
Mrs.Downs 06/10/11

Re: Over- All Vendor review

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards