Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Update / Set unexpected wedding date...

Hello, Ladies.So, after getting feedback from everyone, we decided to go ahead with the Magnolia Room, and I feel really good about the decision.  My mother thought it was really nice...and saw how nice chairs covers look, even though she was previously saying she wouldn't pay for them. :)In any case, the big surprise was that we decided to go with a date later in the year - July 31, 2010.  We felt like we would be rushing to put together a wedding for March.  Plus, my fiance was worried about having money saved for the honeymoon by then, etc. etc.  All in all, it is probably a good thing.  I'm just worried about the church being super hot and dripping sweat during my vows. ;)  (I'm using First Unitarian in Shadyside, btw, not sure if I previously said that.)Now that locations are set, I'm moving on to booking a photographer and DJ.  I'm sure I'll have many more questions soon!  Thanks again.

Re: Update / Set unexpected wedding date...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It is so nice to start getting things booked. We are down to dj & video, if we decide to do that.  GL!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great day to get married!  Congrats!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I know some people don't like chair covers, but I had to have them for my wedding.  I thought about cutting them at one point to lower our budget, but DH insisted we get them because he knew I'd love how it looked.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on choosing a date and venue- now everything can fall into place!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on booking your venue and setting a date!I agree with Candice - I love chair covers!  I bought the ones for my daughter's wedding and have already used them at her bridal shower.  They add just that extra bit of pizazz to the room decor.Good luck with the rest of your planning.  The brides here are wonderful at helping everyone with their planning.  :)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, your venue is lovely!  I'm a July 2010 bride, too :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the date and venue, very exciting, and BIG checks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!!! :) I am ALSO a July 2010 bride

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards