Mississippi
Options

cost effective ways to beat the heat

I'm getting married in July on the gulf coast. I would love to an outdoor reception in the evening, but it's just scorching. If anybody has creative suggestions for how to pull this off I'd love to hear them.

Re: cost effective ways to beat the heat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For a Reception rent a tent to put tables,etc, under. You can hang lights from the tent top and even place fans in the corners of the tent to fan guests. Give paper fans as a favor :). You can make them creative by putting you and your new husbands initials on there! Also, if you would want to, let your guests dress a little more casually. And maybe you could even set fans on the tables, but make them decorative! I hope some of these ideas help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about maybe having your reception at an outdoor place without having to really work at it yourself? By this I mean a place like Salute in Gulfport or The Dock on Gulfport Lake. Those places have fans, AC'd parts of the building, etc. Another great place to have your reception in the Gulfport/Biloxi area (if that's where you're getting married) is Bayou Bluff Country Club.
  • Options
    LuciLuv06LuciLuv06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine in May when I get out of school next year and I too am concerned with the heat.  Since we are having it in a garden I thought I might do a cutesie morning wedding.  Though there are a lot of complications with it in my situation... however, it is worth some thought for a summer wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards