Mississippi

Cedar Grove Inn

The one and only time I visited Vicksburg was during hurricane Gustav(?) when my family evactuated from New Orleans. While our minds were a bit preoccupied at the time, everytime I think back to the town I just wish I was able to spend more time there and get to know the town and the history.

I've been planning a surprise trip to a bed and breakfast for my fiance and I within the next few months and my research eventually landed me on Cedar Grove's website. I wanted a complete getaway so going somewhere in New Orleans was quickly out of the picture and nothing else in southern Louisiana really stood out.

After reading everything on the website and catching something about weddings, I had to read more. That being said, I have literally rethought all of my plans and would LOVE to get married there.

Has anyone ever visited or stayed there? What's it like? Would it be worth it? I think I'll definitely plan our getaway there to see for myself but I'd just like to know soon about wedding plans before I dive too far into plans for Vicksburg. (I say that, even though I've already researched photographers and cakeries in the area).

If anyone can give me any information it would be greatly appreciated! I am in love with the place just by what I've read and what they offer. Also, is there a hotel close by (I can't remember where we stayed for Gustav) that we can block rooms for since Vicksburg is roughly 3.5-4 hours away from home for our guests. I know we can rent out the entire house but obviously all our guests wouldn't fit!

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!! I'm already excited for a Mississippi wedding! (Never thought I'd actually say that!)

P.S. Here's their website! http://www.cedargroveinn.com/

Re: Cedar Grove Inn

• Hi!

ksbennett, I hope that you see this! I got married at Cedar Grove last year! I'm from Vicksburg, but live in Florida now. Cedar Grove is a beautiful setting for a wedding. It's romantic and definitely has tons of Southern charm. The people that I worked with there were great, also. If you have any questions about Cedar Grove or Vicksburg, I would be more than happy to help you! I'm going to private message you my email address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards