Mississippi
Options

Planning a North Mississippi/Memphis, TN Wedding

I have only been in the Southaven area for a little while now.  I just became engaged a week ago and am trying to get a head start on my wedding planning.  All of my co-workers/friends in the area have either been married for years or they are single, so I have no one to get tips from.  Any ladies in the area have any ideas on venues for the Southaven, Olive Branch, Horn Lake, Memphis, Cordova, Collierville area?  I need a nice place to do a wedding inside, reception hall, catering company, photographer, etc....If you know of any websites where I can get reviews, this would also be helpful.  I feel so blind trying to choose from a list of companies that I have no feedback on.

Re: Planning a North Mississippi/Memphis, TN Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Southaven myself and I had a hard time finding any location I liked in the Mississippi area. I guess it really depends on your budget. There are plenty of places in Memphis. We are getting married at Club Winward in Lakeland (just outside of Cordova), but I also really liked Le Pavillion (kind of small, but if its not a huge guest list it would be great), the Pink Palace, Botanic Gardens, and theres a place out near Davies Plantion (forget the name, more Bartlett/Corodva location) that is rustic and nice. Gosh there are so many places I can't even think of them all!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Southaven as well and got engaged last week!  There is also Heartwood Hall outside of Collierville.  The zoo has been doing a lot of weddings lately...
    Bonne Terre is in Nesbit.  Google receptions in Memphis.  It all depends on $$ and atmosphere.
  • Options
    KarriCKarriC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm living in Jackson, MS and planning one in Memphis.  I am having it at Metro67 dowtown that overlooks the river.  It will be on the rooftop (weather permitting) and then the clubroom is plan B.  We looked at quite a few places in the area.  The zoo stinks (as in pewww).  The Cadre was awesome and my second choice.  They were very professional and provide lots in their price including tables and linens.  Ask me if you have a specific place in mind in Memphis and I probably visited!
    Karri Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In terms of location I like Davies Plantation, Botanic Gardens, and the Zoo as well if you like a lot of plantlife in the background. Those would be great options for you, especiallyconsidering that you are having an early spring wedding.  I was recently married and I used John Mathis Photography. My daughter is in the pageant circle and J. Mone Photography does their photos. I spoke with her at these events and she also does weddings. I don't know what her wedding pictures look like but she does a great job at pageants. I also used L3 Videography for my video services. Very professional, fun and reasonable rates.
  • Options
    Hi, My daughter is getting married at Metro 67 in may 2013.  How did your wedding go and do you have any pics you could share for decorating help?

Angela

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_mississippi_planning-north-mississippimemphis-tn-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:99Discussion:cd6b3f1b-3226-4c8f-b567-cc272ce32fafPost:58be7e8b-b928-45da-98d1-7ea2cc4be31b">Re: Planning a North Mississippi/Memphis, TN Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm living in Jackson, MS and planning one in Memphis.  I am having it at Metro67 dowtown that overlooks the river.  It will be on the rooftop (weather permitting) and then the clubroom is plan B.  We looked at quite a few places in the area.  The zoo stinks (as in pewww).  The Cadre was awesome and my second choice.  They were very professional and provide lots in their price including tables and linens.  Ask me if you have a specific place in mind in Memphis and I probably visited!
    Posted by KarriC[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards