July 2013 Weddings

Help dress me for E pics!

We're having them taken in November while we're in Michigan for Thanksgiving and I currently do not own any clothes that I love enough to see in pictures for the rest of my life. So, I get to do a little bit of shopping. :) I bought this coat today - 

I scored it in the overstock section of eShakti.com and got the last one, and it was miraculously in my size! (they still have it in Khaki, but at full price - if you're interested)

I love the coat, but I am failing to picture what I might wear it with. Boots? (which I don't own, but am willing to buy) Flats? Heels? Jeans? A dress underneath? Undecided I don't usually "dress up" or think about fashion too much as I wear a plain t-shirt and cardigan to teach in nearly every day and just jeans and basic tops on the weekend. But I want to look pretty styled and nice for our engagement pics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Help dress me for E pics!

• Skinny jeans with some boots!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• edited October 2012
    Youre too cute. If it helps I actually based my outfit on our wedding colors. I wore a coraly top and he had gray button down. Im a jeans and tshirt girl but with that gorgeous coat Id take one for the team and wear a dress with boots. Are you planning on doing an outfit change? Maybe you can bring jeans if its too cold. Do a few pics with the coat and some with jeans and a sweater? Idk...just throwing it out there. I suck at fashion lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I definitely agree a dress and boots!! We're getting ours done in November too, but in San Francisco so I'll probably just pretend it's summer...since it still is, pretty much ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I would probably pair it with a dark wash jean (if you like the skinny jean style, then those. Otherwise a great straight-leg would work) with either mid-calf boots or cute booties. Then add a brightly colored, but complimentary to your skin tone, scarf.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Try googleing fall epics, I'm sure there's tons of ideas you can steal!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies! I'll probably wear at least two more outfits; with one being jeans, tennies, and a sweatshirt from our college (we're having some pics taken on campus). The other might be some khakis and a sweater set or something similar. 
  • I'm going to go against the grain and suggest a dress underneath with tights and some cute pumps - I'm envisioning round-toe, nothing strappy - in a stand-out color! Then another outfit could be with jeans and boots like PP's suggested. With regard to jeans and boots though, I would caution against wearing a dark-wash jean and tall black or dark boots. For our e-pics, I chose a dark-wash skinny jean tucked into my favorite black below the knee boots for one of my outfits, and I was not happy with how those photos came out.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_help-dress-me-for-e-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:09721c61-3e4b-4d1e-92c6-2421307f98e9Post:2283226f-d9ad-4d4c-b8bc-99380c07397b">Re: Help dress me for E pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to go against the grain and suggest a dress underneath with tights and some cute pumps - I'm envisioning round-toe, nothing strappy - in a stand-out color! Then another outfit could be with jeans and boots like PP's suggested. With regard to jeans and boots though, I would caution against wearing a dark-wash jean and tall black or dark boots. For our e-pics, I chose a dark-wash skinny jean tucked into my favorite black below the knee boots for one of my outfits, and I was not happy with how those photos came out.  
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

<div>That's kind of what I was picturing. I have a dress that I think is going to be just the right length that I could pair with some tights and pumps. Would I go with black tights, or try to match one of the redish/pink colors in my dress?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_help-dress-me-for-e-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:09721c61-3e4b-4d1e-92c6-2421307f98e9Post:cb37baf5-57c4-4656-b298-f6f07544654b">Re: Help dress me for E pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help dress me for E pics! : That's kind of what I was picturing. I have a dress that I think is going to be just the right length that I could pair with some tights and pumps. Would I go with black tights, or try to match one of the redish/pink colors in my dress?
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm... depends on what color your shoes are. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_help-dress-me-for-e-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:09721c61-3e4b-4d1e-92c6-2421307f98e9Post:3fd3aa9b-ee73-496a-8f46-0abd77d5b04f">Re: Help dress me for E pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help dress me for E pics! : Hmm... depends on what color your shoes are. 
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

<div>I have black pumps. </div>
  • I def agree with the dress and boots. i love tall boots!!! And make sure you add a pop of color!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_help-dress-me-for-e-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:09721c61-3e4b-4d1e-92c6-2421307f98e9Post:9fe10771-0334-4360-9224-3ee540c6e3e3">Re: Help dress me for E pics!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help dress me for E pics! : I have black pumps. 
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm... could you post some pics and let us see what it looks like with colored tights? I would go with colored pumps and opaque black tights - but I'm a huge sucker for bright-colored shoes, and I can totally understand you wanting to work with what you've got (rather than buying something new you may not ever wear again). </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards