Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Grrrrr... I hate Airlines :/

I found a flight to Raleigh yesterday for a long weekend that DH and I want to take in September to visit my Uncle.  It was non-stop, great price, on Priceline.com.Go back today and the same flight is now $50 more/person.Sooooo annoying!  I'm waiting on DH to say he can definitely go (has to check with work).  But should I book now (or when he gives the okay), or check for the next few days and see if it goes back down?  Planning to go September 18, if that makes  difference.

Re: Grrrrr... I hate Airlines :/

• Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try hotwire.  That happend to us for a trip to Atlanta in March.  We were quoted a good price on expedia and right before we hit book this trip, the price went up significantly.  I got on Hotwire and ended up with the original lower price that expedia had first quoted me. Worth a try.But I would wait for DH to get the ok first though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've tried all the discount sites I could think of - they're all about the same price.  And the airline site is actually the same price too.  So much for 'discount' websites.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a site they show on TV all the time that maps the "Trends" for the flight prices. It might be kayak.comIt tells you whether you should buy now or if it will get lower at some future point.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think bing.com tells you to buy or wait. 
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this goes for non-business travel, but when I book through airlines directly for work, I can cancel my ticket within 24 hours of purchase. So I buy, and if it's lower the next day, I cancel and re-book (I am cheap-o and do this with my frequent flier miles - book, cancel, rebook daily until the price goes down :P)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jenn - that may be an option.I'm checking Bing.com now.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several of those little tools that use statistical trends to tell you when airfares usually go up and down.  Kayak has one, Sidestep has one, and I think Yapta might be one of the more popular ones.[url]<a href="http://www.yapta.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.yapta.com/</a>[/url]

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards