July 2013 Weddings
Options

Hotel Stress!!!!

So we booked our hotel block back in April. Ten rooms are in the contact. I asked so many questions relating to the rooms and told them that most of our guests would be coming from the east coast. I have e-mail proof in which they say "Once the rooms are reserved in the block we can add additional rooms as necessary (based upon availability) at the same rate to avoid you having to sign another contract." She is now saying she meant we can only open 10 more rooms and that they typically only allow wedding blocks to have 20 rooms. WHAT???? That's not what she said before!! I TOLD HER most of our guests are coming from OOT. Typically hotels open room blocks 10 rooms at a time so that part made sense to me! I made sure of all of this stuff a long time ago and even told her I didn't want to put the information on the save the dates if things were going to change. She assured me they wouldn't. I am trying to work something out with them but they want us to sign a new contract at a higher rate now. When I already asked to ensure this wouldn't happen because the information is on the save the dates!!! This is my first big wedding stress and I hate it!!!! UGH.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Stress!!!!

• Options
    I would forward her the original email showing shes a liar liar pants on fire.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haha- I did that and she said she meant we can only have ten more rooms! I am going to get the number for the manager and try that route. So ridiculous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Doesn't matter if that's what she "meant", it was her job to relay the policies to you and she didn't. It was decietful on her part and you probably would not have gone into contract with them had you known the whole story.

Take it to the manager and discuss your concerns. I think the #1 thing for you to focus on is making them provide the same room rate in the new contract as they will in the original -- and that you should NOT have to pay a penalty if not all of the additional rooms are filled.

Good luck! Sorry you have to deal with this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to Re:Hotel Stress!!!!:[QUOTE]Doesn't matter if that's what she "meant", it was her job to relay the policies to you and she didn't. It was decietful on her part and you probably would not have gone into contract with them had you known the whole story. Take it to the manager and discuss your concerns. I think the 1 thing for you to focus on is making them provide the same room rate in the new contract as they will in the original and that you should NOT have to pay a penalty if not all of the additional rooms are filled. Good luck! Sorry you have to deal with this! Posted by AmJam04[/QUOTE]

This. Plus, its a hotel...shouldn't they WANT people to book MORE rooms?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks AmJam you are abosolutely right. This whole thing is insane.

Getting2Vowels- I happen to be getting married the weekend of a huge event here in San Diego- Comic Con. I think they just realized that and now don't want to give me the rooms at our rate anymore. Not my fault they didn't research the dates before they signed a contract with me!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks! Like the pp, they have to abide by their contract, not what they "meant", but didn't include in the contract.  I hope you are able to work it out.
  • Options
    my motto say what you mean and mean what you say.  its in writing end of it lol.  if she meant something else it shouldve be specified.  i say talk to her manager or supervisor. 
  • Options
    Yep, talk to the supervisor and make her sorry for the day she crossed a July 2013 knottie. ;)
  • Options
    Just thought of this.... If you hadn't called were they going to wait last minute and change your "contract"? Never say anything at all? I wonder what they would say if you ask. Its not very professional on their part not to pick up the phone a day after or even email you an adendum.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    id say its a breach of contract lol
  • Options
    kay, what ended up happening with this situation?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards