July 2013 Weddings
Options

Registry fun

When does everyone plan on registering and where?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Registry fun

• Options
    bed bath and beyond and target prolly in april or may
  • Options
    We already registered in like... February. HAHA.
    But we'll go through and update it in a few months in case anything is no longer available.

We only registered at Williams Sonoma, but that's because we already live together and have everything we need.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We're already registered! We went with Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Williams-Sanoma. 
  • Options
    We already have everything we need. We live together and our parents like to shower us with things for our house (it sucks because my apartment is microscopic.)
    We are registering a Honeyfund instead. We got the idea from FI's cousin's wedding. But apparently no one helped pay for anything on her honeyfund so we'll just have to wait and see if they will pay for anything off ours.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    OP - We're probably going to register sometime in the spring.  Menards, maybe Sears, and someplace else.  We'll mostly be registering for tools, yard decor/tools/etc. and items for entertaining guests.  We've been going through traditional registry upgrades on our own since we bought our house.  We'll also be spreading by WOM that we're saving up to remodel our kitchen.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registry-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:2c32068e-665d-4608-8aa0-b73032e3cd68Post:5ac24470-05e5-4694-abc1-a97bac6b8650">Re: Registry fun</a>:
    [QUOTE]We already have everything we need. We live together and our parents like to shower us with things for our house (it sucks because my apartment is microscopic.) We are registering a Honeyfund instead. We got the idea from FI's cousin's wedding. <strong>But apparently no one helped pay for anything on her honeyfund so we'll just have to wait and see if they will pay for anything off ours.
    </strong>Posted by CKSillyPants[/QUOTE]

A lot of people don't like them. I know a lot of people that would flat out refuse to contribute to one.  I've heard some people suggest saving up for the basics, and if you want to "register" for any of the add-on experiences go for it, and then be sure to send a TY with a description or picture of your experience they bought for you.  That way you are sure you can afford your HM but people pay for your extras like special dinners, snorkeling, ziplinging, whatever.  Just make sure if someone buys that off of your registry that's what you actually use it for.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registry-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:2c32068e-665d-4608-8aa0-b73032e3cd68Post:43418724-8a20-4611-ab0a-9df8da775b26">Re: Registry fun</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of people don't like them. I know a lot of people that would flat out refuse to contribute to one.  I've heard some people suggest saving up for the basics, and if you want to "register" for any of the add-on experiences go for it, and then be sure to send a TY with a description or picture of your experience they bought for you.  That way you are sure you can afford your HM but people pay for your extras like special dinners, snorkeling, ziplinging, whatever.  Just make sure if someone buys that off of your registry that's what you actually use it for.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

We plan on saving up for most of what we want to do by ourselves. FI really liked the idea of the honeyfund, I'm afraid people will find it rude. I think it's a fun idea and we really, really, really don't need anything for our house. I've been living on my own for three years now. We are still thinking about it all anyway, we haven't officially set anything up.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We just registered at BB&B and will soon be registering at Target. It's soooo much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options

It sounds like fun. I was just worried doing it now would be too soon. Thinking about waiting until October.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_registry-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:2c32068e-665d-4608-8aa0-b73032e3cd68Post:dd439e5f-4888-4775-b5e8-3efedcf216ce">Re: Registry fun</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Registry fun : We plan on saving up for most of what we want to do by ourselves. FI really liked the idea of the honeyfund,<strong> I'm afraid people will find it rude</strong>. I think it's a fun idea and we really, really, really don't need anything for our house. I've been living on my own for three years now. We are still thinking about it all anyway, we haven't officially set anything up.
    Posted by CKSillyPants[/QUOTE]

Some do.  Etiquette-wise is looked at the same way as asking for cash.  Some circles like them, some don't.  I think a lot of people's bigger problem with them is a) some of them take money and b) they dont' guarantee that's what the couple gets because they just cut a check instead of registering you for those activities.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards