July 2013 Weddings

Groom Style

What is everyone putting their groom in? Mine will be in a black tux for sure but we can't decide if a white vest and white tie is too much white for us. 

P.S. Happy six months to those getting married 7/13/13  :-) It is flying!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Groom Style

• Tony will not be in white anything!! I hate white on grooms, lol. However, we do not know what color he will wear. Due to matching issues, our focal color is purple, but that is one of the colors a BM is wearing. I love her to death so I dont really mind her in it. And my son will match up with her and wear purple too. So, FI cant wear the focal color. I will have to figure this out pretty soon here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• My color is purple too. My dad will be in all black and the ushers, groomsmen, and ring bearer will be in purple tie/vest but I wanted the groom in a different color but didn't know if I liked all the white either. Was considering silver. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Fi decided on a very classic black tux, black bowtie w/black stud "buttons", no cumberbund or vest.
    Groomsmen will basically be in the same thing, but they'll have different boutonnieres.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FH, the GM, and our dad's will be in these "Wedding Suits" from JoS. A. Bank. https://www.josbankformal.com/menswear/shop/Package_12001_11550_100002952

I haven't figured out vest/tie colors yet. 
  • My fiance is all about style and picking out his own look. It will either be a classic bow tie tux exactly like AmJam described or the gray slim fit Vera Wang tux from Men's Warehouse. We chose Men's Warehouse for tux rentals because we've got some groomsmen all over the country and they can all go to the closest one to them to get fitted. As for the groomsmen, they will probably have a classic black tux. Instead of vests he wants to get each guy a black & gray checked (my girls will be in charcoal) skinny Burberry ties as their bridal party gift. He'll be going with the best man soon to make sure it looks good before we go out and purchase 10 Burberry ties - one of our biggest items in our budget lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is going to pick out his own clothes. He wants a gray suit, but might not wear a tie and probably won't wear a vest. There will probably be colour somewhere in his outfit, but it's really up to him (we haven't nailed down colours 100% yet). His guys will probably wear gray pants and may or may not wear jackets.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Fi will be in a dark gray suit, vest only and the guys will be in a lighter gray sui, vest only.... both with some kind of orange tie.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Classic black tux and bow tie, I want him to look like James Bond :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Black suits, white shirts. FI in a silver tie/vest. GM/FOB in a royal blue tie/vest. RB will have no jacket, but royal blue suspenders. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Groom: Charcoal grey tux, grey vest, grey tie, and a purple pocket square

Groomsmen: Charcoal grey tux, grey vest, and purple tie

Ushers: Charcoal grey tux, grey vest, and purple bow-tie

Fathers: Black tux with black tie. Classic and subtle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• kls33145kls33145 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    My fiance is a tad ridiculous. He's having custom khaki suits designed for all the groomsmen and himself. Luckily, they all think its a great idea and will own them after the wedding. A bit over the top, but that's the way he is!
  • We decided to go for a more relaxed style, and he's just going to wear a vest. Right now it's looking like FI is going to be in a black vest and the groomsmen grey, but it's not been finalized yet.
    PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I truely have no idea.  Definitely no tux, no bowties, no black - but  outside of the that he hasn't been real vocal about what he wants to wear.  But since it's a suit he'll own, I really think it's his decision.  

I'm REALLY hoping he decides somewhat soon...  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards