July 2013 Weddings

Monday vent..

As some of you may remember a few weeks ago I posted on how FMIL wanted to put an announcement in thse paper. For the sake of sparing you all from the longest post in the world let me just say that it turned into a huge deal..the blurb was a bit one sided, kind of all about FI, IMHO, and when I spoke up about it again FI ended up fighting for me...the 2nd time around...she finally consided and said she wouldn't be doing it at all.
The whole thing was unnecessary and I wish she would have just understood from the beginning. I just didnt need to be in the stupid paper.

Now I can't help feeling that I hurt her feelings. We're all supposed to go see the RD venue on Wednesday and I can't help thinking that it'll be awkward.

Anything bothering you ladies from the weekend?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Monday vent..

• i say just go and enjoy.  if she is "hurt" she may let you know but if she says its over then assume its over.  (huggers) it will be ok
  • Try not to worry about it.  Honestly, if you didn't want to be in the paper, that should have been the end of it.  The fact that she couldn't respect your resonable wishes about where your business is published was totally out of your control.  If I were you I would just try to be as kind to her as possible when you go look at the venue, and hope it becomes water under the bridge. 
  • i agree with gab.  dont worry bout it.  everyone has a choice in what they do, how they act, what said.  good bad or ugly.  just gotta own it.  what i tell my kid
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_monday-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:400be1ae-893d-4f8d-8f92-564459132c62Post:72a793d1-f482-416b-88b0-975303758cd5">Re: Monday vent..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try not to worry about it.  Honestly, if you didn't want to be in the paper, that should have been the end of it.  The fact that she couldn't respect your resonable wishes about where your business is published was totally out of your control.  If I were you I would just try to be as kind to her as possible when you go look at the venue, and hope it becomes water under the bridge. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! Hopefully she wont bring it up either.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards