July 2013 Weddings
Options

**AmJam04** - What did you decide about your dress?

What did you decide about your dress?  I'm going to see mine for the first time this weekend after buying it last April and I have some fear that I'm not going to like it as much as I did when I ordered it.  Let us know what you decided to do!

Re: **AmJam04** - What did you decide about your dress?

• Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to keep it!

Honestly, I loved the dress when I tried it on and purchased it. I didn't have any thought toward a more "fabulous" dress at the time because I was so enamored with MY dress when I was wearing it. I think I mostly had dress regret because I had been dreaming of it for so long (notice my join date on TK? lol...) and I ended up purchasing my dress after only one day of searching.

There's NOTHING wrong with the dress I bought -- it may be a little more plain than I imagined for years prior, but I can personalize it with awesome jewelery and a belt, so I'm not going to even worry about it anymore.

Your dress is important and it makes sense to care what it looks like, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you get to walk up to your FI, exchange some vows, kiss, and be married. IMO, it's not worth the stress of trying to find another dress/sell your current dress/worry about when the new one will come in/etc. etc.

Don't stress about it until you at least try it on again! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yeah! I'm glad you came to that decision. I'm hoping I love mine just as much this time as I did last. And you are right, at the end of the day, as long as we are married, that's what matters most.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards