July 2013 Weddings
Options

What I'm doing wrong

Hey fellow brides! I figured since we had so much fun in the Facebook group talking about how we're going against etiquette, why not post about it here?

I'll start!

- I'm having a head table - and the WP won't be sitting with their dates

-I'm sending out STD's in spurts (this one was unintentional, I sent out all of them, but now FMIL, my mom, and myself keep thinking of people to add. So, it's kinda B-listing, but not really)

-We're doing a dollar dance

-We're having a no kids reception - and have thus far put "Adult Reception" on the website

Hmm... I'm sure there's more. I'll add as I think of it. Now put yours up for fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

Re: What I'm doing wrong

• Options
    shilotony2012shilotony2012 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    Well, I will probably invite the WP kids, but no other kids. And we will put adult only on website AND reception card.

I will have a $$ dance if people ask for it.Not sure if its against ettiquette or not, but I am

only sending out 10 STD. Others will get an invite

I will have a B list.

Im sure there will be more cause ettiquette pisses me off sometimes. Its just a way for others to feel superior and make others feel terrible.

ETA: apparentely I am also doing the enclosure card wrong...I am doing hotel info, reception address and time and well as link for wedding site. That should never go on the enclosure. Blah, etiquette can KMA!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    I am having a:

buffet bbq dinner,

plastic plates cups and silverware,

dollar dance, 

head table,

no kids,

we have a few people who would be considered B listed, but we aren't sure if we really want to invite them because we never talk to them. They are old high school friends, so if we invite them they will only get an invite no STD,

I am using labels to address my STD's and most likely in invites :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im doing a head table (does that count?, I get confused)

Im undecided on a dinner dance (Im 100% Polish and its traditional, not to mention expected of me)

We will be having ADULT RECEPTION printed somewhere on the invite (I know, I'm such a rebel lol)

We sent out STD's to everyone but 1 guest (Per FMIL's request, they are on her B list)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh yea Im also using labels on invites.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSVP June 19

• Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    As a member of the etiquette police, I can't handle this thread!

This image accurately depicts how I feel:

lol XD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't think I consider anything we're doing to be "wrong" but:

- we're having a WP only head table 
    - the gap between ceremony ending and cocktail hour starting might be 90 - 120 mins 
    - we aren't having any kids under 12 (MIL thinks is SO rude that I'm requiring some of FH's cousins to find a babysitter for the night - I don't care)
    - our open bar is only for 4.5 hours. . . after that runs out water and soda for everyone!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_what-im-doing-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:439d1d84-be5f-4d37-89c4-3dad9067f58cPost:c8d0b3a0-2b34-4036-8afa-afc2ee889838">Re: What I'm doing wrong</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think I consider anything we're doing to be "wrong" but: - we're having a WP only head table  - the gap between ceremony ending and cocktail hour starting might be 90 - 120 mins  - we aren't having any kids under 12 (MIL thinks is SO rude that I'm requiring some of FH's cousins to find a babysitter for the night - I don't care) - our open bar is only for 4.5 hours. . . after that runs out water and soda for everyone!
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]

We are only having a 4 hour open bar. One hour for cocktail, closed during dinner, and then open for 3 more hours. that is how it is most weddings I have been to and heard about. Plus, it will close right around the time of the end of the reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSVP June 19

• Options
    In Response to Re:What I'm doing wrong:[QUOTE]As a member of the etiquette police, I can't handle this thread! This image accurately depicts how I feel: lol XD Posted by AmJam04[/QUOTE]

I literally lol'd at this! Too funny
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What's wrong with labels for STDs and invites?? So much easier... Embarassed
  • Options
    Carolina85 idk why but they should be hand done. I agree that it is a lot easier! That is part of the reason I am doing it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another one!! No seating or table assignment( well for now, lol).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSVP June 19

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Head Table for the wedding party
    Champagne toast for wedding party only
    B-list
    Sending STDs with our Christmas cards
    Printing labels for STDs and invites
    Only invite some children 
    Plastic cups at the bar
    Bartendar will accept cash tips

I'm sure I'll have more!!

• Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    Im not on the FB group, but I LOVE this post!

Yep, Head table, which was FIs idea. (Asked WP, said they expected this, so yay!)

I asked my girls to wear their hair in a soft curled style and wear blue shoes of their choice...not paying for that. (Hair stylist on site for hire. I am paying for their jewery and clutches, with other gifts).

I have a B list. (We only invited 35 each, so as we get no's, replace with those we wish we could invite 1st time around. Small wedding rocks to us)

Limited wine at the reception. (Its noon, folks! Lets save it for the afterparty)

Limited drinks at the afterparty. (Hey, its one free drink! Be happy)

No alcohol at the cocktail hour (you can have it at lunch)

Restricted 1+s (FI's guests: give his friends this choice, but not to others; he does not care. My guest: all have one, but no replacements unless approved)

Having a wedding celebration in lieu of wedding shower, gifts optional which will be written on the invite (Yep, inviting those family members that cant make it to the wedding/ not invited due to space. In our family, its RUDE not to invite folks to at least the shower)

Resticted Children invited (My guests: no kids. FI's guests: only his nieces/nephews, most in the WP)

I am sure there are other things, but there are other ways we are making our guests comfortable, like juice/donuts/coffee at the church, everyone invited to reherasal dinner, shuttle from church to venue and from afterparty to anywhere in town.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_what-im-doing-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:439d1d84-be5f-4d37-89c4-3dad9067f58cPost:d60c5d33-7a1c-47f7-9ce2-12592d63b5ae">Re: What I'm doing wrong</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another one!! No seating or table assignment( well for now, lol).
    Posted by shilotony2012[/QUOTE]

<div>My future sister-in-law's wedding was pretty casual, and didn't have assigned seating. But unfortunately, her family (including parents and brother) ended up in the furthest corner of the room...because the photog saved the post-ceremony shots of her family for last, we were last inside. By then, all the college buddies had taken the tables near the newlyweds and the family was kinda excluded from the reception activities. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not to rain on the anti-etiquette parade, since I agree that seating assignments are a huge pain...but you might consider throwing up a simple "reserved for family" sign on some of the best tables if you're close with them. :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards