July 2013 Weddings
Options

Weekend Plans

Hey ladies. What are your weekend plans? Spending time with mom (and/or FMIL)? Wedding checks? Time for you? 

Me: Bible study today; sending off photog contract/deposit and draft of venue contract. Tomorrow: Getting my hair done tomorrow! Then, going to a music concert. Spending time with my mom on Sunday.
Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Fi and I are going to scope out Scranton and start collecting free brochures and such for our OOT bags. Then we're on the hunt for an orange tie for him for the wedding. We also blocked rooms today at a hotel practically across the street from our venue. It's pretty popular and the price was decent so we went ahead and checked that off the list. I may go for a run today pending on the weather but I think shoppies may trump the run lol Saturday my best friend, and bridesmaid, is visiting from NJ to look at bm dresses and then off to lunch. I haven't seen here in months! I'm so excited I may pee a little lol Sunday I'm driving out to go to church with my parents and drop off some gifts for my mama.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Today: we moved out of our house. I held myself together until the movers were gone, but nearly as soon as the truck pulled away, I was bawling like a baby. FH and I bought the house just over two years ago and it was our first real home together. We just checked into a hotel not far from the house as we have a going away dinner to go to tonight. 

Saturday: we're going to have breakfast here at the hotel, and then we are off to my mom and dad's house across the state. We'll be staying there for a week or two while we wait for FH's company to secure our coorprate housing in Maryland.

Sunday: Mother's day with my mom and then off to a family picnic on my dad's side of the family. FH leaves for MD on Monday, they FINALLY got him on a project where he belongs. :) 
  • Options
    Tonight I am relaxing because tomorrow I have to get up early for graduation!!! Then on Sunday I am taking my stepmom to breakfast and babysitting. Have a great weekend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emmyrooemmyroo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Nothing too exciting for me.  Yoga class tomorrow morning then I'll probably be out on the river fishing with FI if it's nice out.  Hopefully I can get a little sun and fresh air!  I'm going to give my mom a call on Sunday (too far away to see her) but I'm not sure if FMIL has anything she wants to do.  I think she just wants to have a nice quiet day.

Today, though I scheduled an appointment to go wedding dress shopping!  June 2nd and I'm going to the place where my mom bought her wedding dress!  I'm going to have a big group with me too... mom, sister (MOH), FMIL, grandma, aunt/godmother, cousin, and maybe FSIL unless she has to work.  I'm so excited!!  I think this is where it's going to feel extra real that we're going to get married!!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    is TK eating posts?  grr...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    No plans tonight - I'm still at the office and FI has a migraine, so we'll probably just chill at home and have a Law & Order: SVU marathon or something. Hehe.

Tomorrow I'll be back in the office doing research and writing a brief that's due on Monday. Maybe we'll go to see The Avengers tomorrow night.

Sunday is a BBQ at FI's parents' house. Sunday night will be grocery shopping and cooking up my meals for next week so I can get back on track with my diet! Eek.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Idk what happened to my post. Yesterday FI and I went shoppies and were on the hunt for an orange tie for the wedding. We found one! Yaaay! We also blocked our hotel rooms...mainly because its popular and practically across the street from our venue so we got that out of the way. Today my best friend and bridesmaid is coming in from NJ to go bm dress shoppies with me. Im so excited to see her I may pee a little lol Sunday I'm driving out to visit my parents and spending time with my mom. Then its back home for a bbq with FI and FMIL and their family. It'll be fun!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:47267455-917d-4726-8375-b5a91617acbcPost:22da0c3e-b242-429a-a2b3-7ecac2833708">Re:Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Idk what happened to my post. Yesterday FI and I went shoppies and were on the hunt for an orange tie for the wedding. We found one! Yaaay! We also blocked our hotel rooms...mainly because its popular and practically across the street from our venue so we got that out of the way. Today my best friend and bridesmaid is coming in from NJ to go bm dress shoppies with me. Im so excited to see her I may pee a little lol Sunday I'm driving out to visit my parents and spending time with my mom. Then its back home for a bbq with FI and FMIL and their family. It'll be fun!
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

I like how you refer to shopping as "shoppies"... hehe. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol. It's always been shoppies to me. Sounds so much more fun too!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My post disappeared too! FH and I spent the weekend moving out of our house. We're at my mom and dad's temporarily while we wait for our Coorporate housing to open up in Maryland. The move went well and our things are in storage until we get to Maryland and sign a lease on whatever we decide to end up renting, Today, FH and I took my mom out to breakfast while my dad was at work. At the moment he's packing to leave for work tonight and my mom and I are making a dessert to take to my aunt's picnic. FH won't be joining us as he has to leave for the airport before the picnic starts. :( 
  • Options
    Oh man, moving can be such a pain in the butt! At least FI's company is helping you facilitate the process. Are you guys going to miss Grand Rapids and MI? My FI is from MI and has been out here in San Diego for almost 6 years now. We are trying to get back there this summer to visit his family and friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chels, I am going to miss it so much! I grew up about an hour North of Detroit. I moved to Grand Rapids for college and loved it so much I stayed. FH grew up in Kalamazoo and moved to GR for college as well, and stayed because of his job. There is SO much to do without feeling like your cramped in a big city. I am sure we'll like it in Maryland but it's hard to leave a place you love so much. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:47267455-917d-4726-8375-b5a91617acbcPost:22da0c3e-b242-429a-a2b3-7ecac2833708">Re:Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also blocked our hotel rooms...mainly because its popular and practically across the street from our venue so we got that out of the way. 
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Man, I need to look into this this week!</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I normally would have waited till the end of the year but I didn't want to worry about having this hotel booked. Like I said, it's very popular because of location and our guests can literally walk to and from. I couldn't resist :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We had one of our "events" this weekend for FI's small business.  Sunday I went to my moms for a cookout and FI went to his grandmas.  After moms I stopped by and visited with my dad & stepmom, then went to FI's grandmas (on the way home) and hung out for a few hours.

No word out of the SKids.  Guess 2 years in a row was too much to hope for.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards