July 2013 Weddings

Some checks!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone's week is going well! I just wanted to share my excitement about checking off a few more items. :) Last week we booked our photographer and caterer. Today we booked our DJ. This week I think we will be booking our ceremony musician and our day-of coordinator. Woohooo!!! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Some checks!

• edited August 2012
    Congrats!! Just curious, if you dont mind sharing, how much is a DOC? Edit: whats the going rate for one..is what i should have asked? I was quoted 3K for one in my area and just think its outrageous.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • $3K does seem outrageous! I have done a little research for DOC's in my area and have received quotes in the $400-$600 range for strictly "day-of" services, and quotes from $1K and up for day-of/month prior services. We lucked out though, because FI's cousin just started her own wedding/events coordinator business, and she is giving us an awesome deal. She is charging around $500 for day-of/month prior services but offered to do it for us for $250. She works as an event coordinator for a local university and has been planning/DOC'ing friend/family weddings for the past year, so she has finally decided to turn her talents/experience into her own business. Also her husband is a DJ and he is charging us $50 an hour versus his usual $150, so we are stoked. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the great checks!! Its nice to have the big stuff figured out, the rest is all details :)

I, too am curious about DOC prices... but I think it's very reigon specific. Here in the Bay Area, I've pretty much not seen anything under $1k
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_some-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:58a38a4d-152e-4540-add7-dc8d8ee87e2cPost:7fa9442f-0a2a-471d-a406-add213b7c18d">Re:Some checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!! Just curious, if you dont mind sharing, how much is a DOC? Edit: whats the going rate for one..is what i should have asked? I was quoted 3K for one in my area and just think its outrageous.
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

I've spoken with 2 DOC (DOC 2 is actually willing to be Month of C) and for DOC 1 I was quoted  $500, for DOC I was quoted $700. Both would be with me from start to finish. DOC 2 (or MOC) quoted me $1800 for the month. I'm honestly trying to figure out why one day is nearly 1/2 the price of a full month...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found another for 1200. Basically unlimited chat, a few meetings and day of. I still think thats waaaay overpriced.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards