July 2013 Weddings
Options

Great Blog Post About Being Photographed

I know some of us are trying to loose weight or tone up for the wedding and may not feel 100% confident about engagement pics or pics taken at showers/bachelorettes/etc. This post is FANTASTIC and really helped me look at photos in a whole new light:

Enjoy!

Re: Great Blog Post About Being Photographed

• Options
    THANK YOU!  I needed to read that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What a beautiful article! 
  • Options
    I needed to read this, and it totally helped me destress about how im going to look on my wedding day! thank you for sharing!!!
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • Options
    Thanks for posting! Great find Mallory!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That IS a great post. 

Here's some tips if anyone wants (In the past I've worked part-time assiting with photography). Start practicing you "pose" now. As silly as it seems, practice every day in the mirror - smile with your tongue pressed as up toward the roof of your mouth and forward, it helps slightly tighten the "double chin" muscles. Then slightly tilt your chin down and lean your body forward TOWARD the camera (it's completely opposite the natural instinct to pull back and away but by pulling back and away the infamous double chin effect is created on everyone.) Practice keeping your ams slightly away from your body. By smooshing your arms in (another natural instinct that everyone thinks will make them appear smaller/take up less space on camera) it creates flattened, wider arms and boob overhang. The great thing about being a bride is that you can use your bouquet as an excuse to extend your arms!  On the actual day of the wedding forget all of these things and just let the happiness and flow on the day create pictures of having fun and enjoying the moment. Don't spend time thinking about any of it but if you've practiced over the last few months it will happen naturally without having to think about it at all. Best of all, if you take a great picture and there's something you don't like there's always Photoshop!. It is very cheap to hire someone to do some simple retouches lol The only thing you can't fix in Photoshop is a genuine smile so that's why it's important to just relax, have fun and forget the camera is even there.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks for this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards