July 2013 Weddings

July 13th.. It's not bad luck unless it's on a friday right..

well my fiance and I have officially set the date July 13th, 2013, suprisingly alot of people are not for weddings on the 13th.. I was under the impression only friday the 13ths were bad luck days.. apparently all the 13ths are? well I had my mind totally made up that I didn't care what other people thought and the 13th was the day but now all those negative comments are weighing on my mind what do you guys think I have looked through this board and cannot find anyone with a wedding date on the 13th!!!!

Re: July 13th.. It's not bad luck unless it's on a friday right..

• We're thinking about a July 13th wedding too, and I was initially a little reluctant.  But we met on Halloween and since the 13th always seems kinda spooky to me (probably because of the movie), I think it would be sweet.
  • We are 7/13/13 too!! 13 has always been my FI's lucky number and he actually proposed to me on the 13th of august. So we dont mind the 13's
  • We picked the 7/13/13 too! We didn't actually pick it I guess as we ended up with it. It was one of two dates our chosen venue still had open! I couldn't believe they booked up so incredibly early but we fell in love with the Danada House in Wheaton, IL and the other date was in August and I didn't want it to interfer with the start of school since I'm a teacher. I think it just makes it more fun! you can always play off the theme a little bit like putting up a sign that says something about sending you guys luck by signing the guest book or hiding some heads up pennies somewhere for those supersticious people to find. I'm incredibly excited about it and its a way of making something that freaks people out into an exciting day! 

My thought is, if any of my choices don't sit right with my FI or FIL or my parents, I'll consider changing it, outside of that bubble I just don't care! There are so many opinions out there you just have to go with what works for you guys! 

Congratulations by the way! Looking forward to sharing your wedding date with you!
    Future Mrs. H! Our Wedding Bio http://planningourbigday.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey
    We just booked our wedding for that date.  Im a teacher and July was really the perfect time frame for our wedding.  Some people asked me if I was worried about it but i said it doesnt really matter and 7 is the month and thats lucky. 7/ 1<3/ 201<3 and they look like hearts lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards