July 2013 Weddings
Options

Very excited!

So FI hasn't really cared about what we do for the wedding other than the date(because it was his dad's birthday). He has been like, "yeah that's fine" or "whatever you want" and finally he is giving his input! He helped design the STDs and now he is helping me pick out the smaller details of the wedding. It makes planning the wedding so much more fun now that he is giving his input!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Very excited!

• Options
    That's awesome! Nick really wants nothing to do with the wedding planning. He says his input is only needed in terms of the music, food, and cake. The rest is up to me, which is good and bad. Boys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    Wohoo! It makes it so much better when they partake in things.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

mine is same way.  lol he didnt wanna go online and look at stuff.  i do the initial searching and figure which i like then ask him .  he seemed uninterested in doing it.  i said well i either dictate or you can do it all and i will act like you lol . he said ok i will go look

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_very-excited-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:63589408-2388-4e4d-ae44-f6f0b25ddd91Post:5190fc55-204e-4191-8c15-071b8a4ed05f">Very excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FI hasn't really cared about what we do for the wedding other than the date(because it was his dad's birthday). He has been like, "yeah that's fine" or "whatever you want" and finally he is giving his input! He helped design the STDs and now he is helping me pick out the smaller details of the wedding. It makes planning the wedding so much more fun now that he is giving his input!
    Posted by NateandJustine[/QUOTE]

That's so funny because I had the exact experience with my FI.  He was kinda like "whatever you want is fine" but was SO into designing our STDs.  He came up with the idea, I executed it and then he put it all together in photoshop.  It was a lot of fun and he really enjoyed it, and I think it made the STDs come out extra nice because we worked on them together.
    I've found with him that I just need to figure out which parts he will be interested in, which are anything design-related or music-related.  It's nice to have him involved.
  • Options
    That's great! I agree, when FI and I are making the decisions together it's so much more fun. He's definitely not as into all of the little details as I am, but he's happily come to all of the appointments with vendors and even 2 bridal fairs with me. He loved doing the engagement pics and I hope he's pumped to design the STDs when we get our pics back too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI is totally into the STD design too!  I was showing him what I was planning on ordering, to make sure he liked it and the picture I picked out.  He started asking if we could change this and that about the template.  Since what we could change was so limited, FI decided we should design our own.  I guess we'll be working on that this week sometime!  He minored in graphic design, so it'll turn out pretty good! (also explains why he's so picky about the design!)
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Fi actually enjoys helping me. I was surprised cause we went to 2 differet Michaels and 2 bridal gown stores yesterday. He just smiled and tagged along.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards