July 2013 Weddings

Registering

Hi.. so I am wondering if anyone here has started their registry or registries yet?? I wasn't sure if now is too soon and if I should wait or if I should just go ahead with it. What are your thoughts?? And oh, where are you thinking of registering??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering

• Girrrl I started registering the day we got back from the trip we got engaged!! ;)

Personally, I do think it's too early to register...but that hasn't stopped me! I'm using it as a stress relief for wedding planning! I figure as long as you aren't spreading it around yet, you're fine. I've registered us at Macy's, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. Once I'm ready to make them "public" I'll go back and sort through what we really need and what I've just registered for in a fit of fancy.

July 2013 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm waiting, only becuase FI and I live in a small rural town that doesn't allow chain stores, so we're going to register when I visit my home town (where the wedding is) so we can register somewhere that our guests have actually heard of. 
  • We haven't registered yet either though I'm itching to do it soon.We'll probably go around the year mark (if I can hold on till then) :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Annas2013Annas2013 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    My mom doesn't think I should register until around December or January.  We're probably going to register between the 1 year mark and December.  That way if anyone in our families wants to peruse the registry for christmas ideas, they can have a chance to use Black Friday sales or other holiday sales to save money.

We're going to register at Bed Bath and Beyond and then Belk.  Mostly because his town doesn't have a Bed Bath and Beyond, and also because both places have really nice stuff that's also affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Technically, it's way too early, but I'm with other PPs in that I totally started one (and no one has the links yet). The reason for waiting is that things will go on sale. But if you start one and keep up with it--adding when you think of something and deleting when it's no longer available, I don't see the harm in starting one.
  • I do think it's way too early. By the time the wedding comes around, a lot of things will likely be unavailable/you won't really want them anymore. We probably won't register until the fall sometime.

I'm thinking we'll do 2 of: The Bay, BBB, or Home Outfitters. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I'd be cautious for the reasons PP stated - you'll have a lot of items go clearanced & closeout before the time the wedding comes around.  If you keep an eye on it and keep updating it you should be okay though.  Also, it depends on your crowd and if/when shower/party hosts are planning on having their events.

I know some girls have said they're received registry items for birthdays/christmas before, though, so then there's that.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards