July 2013 Weddings
Options

What have you checked off already?

So far I picked my dress, venue, church, BM dresses are narrowed down, meeting with our photographer this coming weekend, and we have a mock up of invites from an amazing Etsy seller. I know there's plenty of time but I can't help the itch of wanting to do SOMETHING!  Short of doing small diy projects but those will just collect dust bunnies for the next year lol
 Any suggestions?  What have you all done so far?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: What have you checked off already?

• Options
    ...I haven't done anything. At all. I feel so behind. =/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Kind of taking my time because I don't want to miss out on the excitement of actually being engaged. So far my FI and I have set a date (and a bacck-up date), we have hired our wedding planner and decided on colors. I REALLY want to do a DIY project or two, but I don't know what. Oh well, we have time.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2012
    I've done enough research to the point where I'm running out of things to do until I can book my venue! :)  Can we just fast-foward?

We've narrowed down the guest list, chosen ceremony & reception locations, have a sample menu, an itemized budget, etc.etc.

I've bought some silk flowers for mock-ups, shepherds hooks for ceremony pomanders, a dress for FSD.  I also already own a pair of shoes I plan to wear and a crinoline. 

I have a huge list of DIY but the only one I've completed so far is a BM bouquet mock-up.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Damn, and here I thought I was ahead of the game lol. Id like to find more things to diy, but sadly Im not so crafty :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_checked-off-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:7cf1372e-0a0c-40e8-87b0-d35c3257159cPost:372dfef7-0026-44a1-93d9-41babcfd9f44">Re: What have you checked off already?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Damn, and here I thought I was ahead of the game lol.</strong> Id like to find more things to diy, but sadly Im not so crafty :(
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

We're still a year and a half out!  I think any progress is being 'ahead of the game' at this point :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I only have my photographer. I agree with Dannitra, and enjoying my time being engaged. I do have an idea of what I want for most of the elements, but the only thing we have booked so far is our photographer. I knew already that I had to have her, so we got her right away. Plus, we are both in the just-graduated and trying to find permanent jobs situation, so are waiting until we have some more money under our belts. But we are checking out a venue in less than two weeks! yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've done date, venue, photographer, bridemaids jewelry, and I bought hangers with all of our names on it for our dress/really cool pictures (LOVE Pinterest and Etsy!!!). I'm hoping to book our DJ within the next couple months and narrow down the florist list, as well as tighten our guest. I also want to do our engagement pictures in the spring, so I want to find a nice classy white dress to wear for that :) I'm really enjoying being so far out even though there's a lot I want to do, I'm enjoying the time I have to research and make sure everything is as close to perfect!
  • Options
    Wedding designer, date, venue, photographer, and videographer.  Met with a caterer last week and meeting with another caterer this week.  After that, it's on to listening to bands!
    Paul & Nicole 7.27.2013 Glen Manor Portsmouth, RI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards