July 2013 Weddings

Rings

I was wondering when we should get my engagement and wedding rings sautered together, I really want to be able to wear them on the honeymoon, but I don't want them rubbing together and wearing down the bands.

Re: Rings

• That's a personal choice, but if you get them done before the ceremony you'll have some time without them before your wedding.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I won't be getting my rings soldered together before we get married. I'm going to try to wear them separately for a while first, because ideally, I'd like to be able to wear my wedding band without my e-ring sometimes. 

It is not a requirement to get them soldered together unless you really want to. Some people don't find that the 2 rings don't move around or bother them all that much. In terms of being worried that they'll wear down, my Mom was married 25 years before that even became a concern, at which point, she got them soldered together. I don't think you need to worry about that for the week or two you'll be away.

But still, if you want it done before the wedding (and lots of people do), find out from your jeweller how long it will take to get it done, and then take them in that far ahead (plus a few days for a cushion).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards