July 2013 Weddings
Options

I bought a wedding dress!!! (pics!!)

This weekend was a success!  After trying on about 8 or 10 dresses, I found the perfect one!  It was so much fun too.  My family is hilarious.  Even the consultant thought so.  They were making funny remarks and using funny descriptors and comments to compare the dresses.  In the end, there were 2 that I thought were both beautiful, but neither was perfect.  For one, my aunt got all teary when I put it on.  Then my consultant brought out one that was the perfect combination of both!  My aunt, my grandma, my mom... all got teary eyed!  What was also awesome was that both my grandmas could be there.  My one grandma isn't doing so well.  She's confined to a wheelchair after her stroke a couple years ago (which was mild, but still debilitating) and her dimentia is starting to show more and more.  She had a really good day and was very excited to be there, but I'm glad she got to see me in my dress, just in case she won't be able to make it next year.

So, without further ado.... MY DRESS!!

When you find "the dress," they pose you on the stairs and take your picture.  Then they print one out for you to take home :)  They also let my sister take pics too!

and the back...

And a close up of the front... (ignore the funny look on my face!)

The sample was in ivory, but I ordered it in white.  I love the asymetrical top, the embroidery/lace/sparkle on the skirt, and the looong train!  I think I'm going to have the top modified to a sweetheart neckline.  Thanks for letting me share! :)

~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: I bought a wedding dress!!! (pics!!)

• Options
    That is just beautiful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's gorgeous! Congratulations. Such a nice and fun check to mark off your list. :) So happy both of your Gandmothers could be there with you, so special. 
  • Options
    What a beatuiful dress, you look lovely! I also love the way the bridal store has a special place to take your picture. That is  so thoughtful!

Congrats!
    July 2013 Knotties August Siggy Challenge - Our Song:

Eagles-HeartacheTonightWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Soooo pretty! And you look so happy. Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yay! Love it :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Gorgeous! I love the train!

This is totally unrelated, by flutterbride, your signature makes me so happy! I am such a comic book nerd. I've been counting down to the Avengers since the first Iron Man came out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    congrats on saying yes to the dress!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_i-bought-a-wedding-dress-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:80149fa4-2627-476f-b1f0-978e3de82407Post:2440c15a-a387-4964-81cf-bb85854cccc2">Re: I bought a wedding dress!!! (pics!!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gorgeous! I love the train! This is totally unrelated, by flutterbride, your signature makes me so happy! I am such a comic book nerd. I've been counting down to the Avengers since the first Iron Man came out.
    Posted by birdie1020[/QUOTE]

It made me smile.  I also love the Mean Girls reference.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! aww :) congrats on such a fantastic find!

also, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. Mine has alzheimer's, and is getting worse every day, so I can definitely relate. I'm hoping she will still be cognisant when I visit her and my mom to try on dresses in August! It would mean a lot to me to be able to show her my wedding dress, especially since I will be getting married on her 50th anniversary!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That train is fantastic! Such a beautiful dress!
  • Options

How wonderful you look...glowing in every picture. You look gorgeous and it's perfect for you Laughing. Congrates on finding the dress.

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    Be sure to post pics of your first fitting :)

I would love to see how the sweetheart turns out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards