July 2013 Weddings

Ceremony seating concerns

FI and I picked a ski resort as our venue and we are absolutely in love with the venue. However, once we saw the ceremony space which is on a ski trail, I realized the ground is not really level. My major concern is with seating, I know that there should be a chair for every person in attendence. I'm afraid that setting up chairs on the unlevel ground would be dangerous to the guests especially the elderly guests and younger children.

There are a few other small level areas next to the building but I don't think that they would be large enough for enough chairs and an aisle. I am very worried about how this is going to work out.

Re: Ceremony seating concerns

• I would ask the venue how they've set up the ceremonies for other weddings, they might have some suggestions to solve your problem. If not, I would try to seat the guests you're most worried about on the most level ground, also, I would give the ushers specific instructions to help guide those guests to and from their seats, if you're having ushers.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • OP, I'm facing the same challenge, and it's worrying me too! We are getting married atop some cliffs next to the ocean, and the ground is unpaved and not level at all... it's loose sand on top of hard rock with all sorts of ruts and dips in it. There are several flat places, but I'm not sure if they're spacious enough. I have been trying to get ahold of some brides on my local board who have gotten married at that spot to see what they did, but none of them have responded yet. I'm going to ask my DOC if she has any ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards