July 2013 Weddings

outdoor reception in july 2013?

i was planning to have the reception party outdoors in july in the spanish monastery in miami but i'm mostly worried it would be too hot or humid or if it rains but the reception would be in the evening hours like around 8. im not sure what woulld be the best month to have the wedding

Re: outdoor reception in july 2013?

• There really isn't a best month, it all depends on when you and your FI want to get married. I would check with your venue, most allow an indoor set up as a plan B.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You can do all the research you want on average precipitation and temps but at the end of the day its still going to be a gamble. If you choose an outdoor ceremony or reception just make sure you have a plan b.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Also be prepared that the plan B could be expensive - the venue my FI and I are working with charges up to $5000 extra for their rain scenario because they have to rent tents (there is no indoor space at all). If the monastery has an indoor space, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • thank you all for your help Laughing im just worried if it would be too hot and the monastery is indoors but the only thing it has a courtyard and its kind of open but its still a beautiful place

• Very pretty! I'm in love with older architecture so I would probably pick a venue that looked like that if we had one too :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I am having everything outside in July. We are just going to have tents(because we are getting married at our friends farm) and hopefully with it being at night it wont be as hot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol thanks , yea im also in love with older buildings too.  wow that would be soo pretty i would love a farm wedding but here in florida theres not that many farms , yea i was wondering if i put up a tent or something but its looks really nice in the evening like , ugh wedding planning is so stressful Yell

• I would be careful with the outside wedding.  You are in Florida and the weather is hot and humid just like South Louisiana.  You can't get any muggier then us 2 states I swear.  I wanted an outside reception at first but decided against it because my brother's wedding and my MOH's wedding both had hurricanes/tropical storms come through. We were lucky to still be able to have the wedding for both but things didn't go nearly as planned. For my MOH she had to leave her wedding/reception 2 hours before anyone else so they could go back to Houston before Contraflow and board up their home before leaving the next morning for Fiji.  If you decide to have it outside you need to have a back up plan no matter what.  The original place I wanted was an indoor/outdoor but I decided it was way to expensive to have the wedding at St. John's Cathedral and then go to Jefferson Island Rip Van Winkle Gardens after with the oak trees and peacocks.  I would rather my church then get an outdoor reception in July.

Good luck and let us know what  you decide
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • your absoulutely right mrssearad that is what im afraid of that my guests will complain or have a face , i guess i'm gonna have to move the date back
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards