July 2013 Weddings
Options

Flower girl....

I wouldn't of guessed the second littlest member of my wedding party would cause drama. I picked my second cousin for my FG, and last I talked to her mom that she was going to do some research on FG dresses and see where she wanted to go shopping, she asked me when would work for me etc. today my aunt text me a
Picture of my FG in a dress, normally I wouldn't really mind that I wasn't invited, her mom is very high maintence and hard to deal with. Well the dress the picked she from David's has bright red accents on it, DB red is super bright and doesn't match with anything else in the wedding, we have a wine red color for BM dresses, flowers and everything. I am so bummed they ordered it with out saying anything. :(

Re: Flower girl....

• Options
    Is it something removable like a sash? You could order a new sash at DB in the color that would match. 
  • Options
    It doesn't look like it is.....it's like ribbon at the bottom of each of the ruffles so I'm thinking it's sewn in, I can't figure out how to post a picture of it.
  • Options
    I am so sorry that she didn't consider you in this. UGH I would be so irritated. Honestly and I know this is super wrong but I would take a seam ripper to it and add my own ribbon or find bias tape to go over it. I just can't imagine doing that to someone.

The red at davids bridal is called Apple Red I believe. Not even close to the color you just described.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would be bummed too... and pissed. If you can post a pic of the dress, maybe we can help brainstorm some options to "fix" it. And maybe this is a stupid question, but is there any chance the order could be canceled and a new one put in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alyssa, haha I would love nothing more than to take the dress and get the ribbon changed out!! This is as close to the dress as I could find, and Idk how to upload a picture but imagine the white "ribbons" at the bottom of the dress, bright red instead of white. http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Spaghetti-Strap-Organza-Gown-with-3D-Petal-Detail-KP1327_Bridal-Party-Flower-Girls-All-Flower-Girl-Dresses Chels, I am unsure if the order can be canceled. Her mom still hasn't told me they ordered the dress yet :/ I told my aunt that was a completely wrong shade of red and she was going to talk to her DIL to let her know. I think I might just let this slide, I'm not sure what else I can do with it already being ordered. Maybe I will get some bright red petals for her to throw to match her dress. I'm trying so hard not to be bridezilla here, I knew going into this how difficult her mom was to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards