July 2013 Weddings
Options

What would you do?

So this is one of the reasons I HATE save the dates. I found out recently that one of the girls at work who I thought was a friend of mine is doing nothing but talk badly about me at work. I have asked her point blank what is with all the talking behind my back, she lied straight to my face. I did invite her to the wedding via save the date but do not want to have such a back stabber at my wedding. Is it wrong not to give her an invite? What to do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What would you do?

• Options

I would say be the bigger person and invite her anyway. More than likely she wont even come since she seems to have an issue with you. She's probably jealous or intimidated by you...JMO

• Options
    I'm not trying to be snappy or anything, BUT i wouldn't give her a invitation!!!! So what she has a save-the-date, you gave it and I'm sure she saved the date (the point of those things anyway), and now you know not to invite. One thing i cant stand is fake friends. That is your day and its secret between you, fiancé, and family/friends. The people you love and trust!
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you sent a Save the Date it's extremely rude not to send an invitation. Don't stoop down to her level, send the invite. I feel like if she's talking behind your back she probably won't show up anyway.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Ditto CK and Shay. . . be the bigger person and send the invite. If she's got some sort of beef with you she probably won't take the time to come. If she does RSVP yes, you can be a little snotty and sit her in a crappy spot. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure if you would be the bigger person, by inviting her anyway and being snotty if she attends! Why waste your energy? (Especially on your wedding day!!) So if you are this undecided than you should most definitely confront her now. Maybe she will be apologetic and you both can move on. If not, then I'm sure you will know what to do after that outcome.
  • Options
    If you work with this person--stay civil. You already sent a save-the-date, just send the invite. There are definitely a couple people that I'm not too fond of coming to my wedding, but its ok. You'll be the focus and everyone will see you as a gracious host. Imagine all the crap she can say about you if you don't send an invitation after already getting a save-the-date? You'll be rude and whatever-else-she-already-had-a-problem-with before! Not saying she currently has a valid reason to talk about you, but this would just fuel to the fire.
  • Options
    I agree that inviting her is the 'right thing to do'. But its a hard pill to swallow for sure. I agree with Wheels.... she would be the type to add fuel to the fire if I didn't invite her. Thanks girls for all your replies. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is tricky, and although it's "rude" to send a savethedate and not an invite, it's also rude to talk behind someone else's back. I personally would not invite her, especially if you've confronted her and she won't apologize. It's your wedding day and I wouldn't let etiquette force me to invite someone who doesn't deserve to be there. The last thing I would want is to spend money on someone who speaks badly about me, if anything I'd send her a card or talk to her in person and explain why she isn't invited.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_what-would-you-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:a635ede6-f353-4798-8164-1fc187a84969Post:2f33d3fa-ee59-4d4a-bea0-d8a2714dc7c4">Re:What would you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is tricky, and although it's "rude" to send a savethedate and not an invite, it's also rude to talk behind someone else's back. I personally would not invite her, especially if you've confronted her and she won't apologize. It's your wedding day and I wouldn't let etiquette force me to invite someone who doesn't deserve to be there. The last thing I would want is to spend money on someone who speaks badly about me, if anything I'd send her a card or talk to her in person and explain why she isn't invited.
    Posted by Andama08[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone that see my pov!
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation myself and really don't want to send the invite out to an old, dear friend who blew our friendship up!  AND always does a really good job of spinning things around in her mind so that she's not the responsible one...

BUT I think we'll just send the invite anyway.  If she wants to make nice and fly across the country to attend our wedding, then so be it.  

It's a tough decision...I'm tempted to say since you work with this gal, just send the invite but I would also confront her.  I mean, wouldn't you do that regardless?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards