July 2013 Weddings

July Outdoor weddings

So who is having a July outdoor wedding? I live in Indiana and the weather has been super HOT this year. I have my wedding booked at a beautiful garden. However, the heat is making me nervous. Went to a wedding at the end of June. The wedding ceremony was outside at a small park. It was about 90 degrees and everyone was complaining! Then one of the bridesmaids passed out and an ambulance had to come. Ever since then I have been freaking out about my July outdoor wedding. Any thoughts or similar concerns?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: July Outdoor weddings

• If everything goes according to plan and we can afford to stick with our original idea we will be having an outdoor wedding. However, the ceremony will be in a wooded area which keeps the temperature cooler.
    The reception will be outside but there is a building right next to the field that people can (and probably will) escape to. Also, we decided to do it a little later in the afternoon to avoid all the noon time highs.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're having an outdoor ceremony, but we live in really mild weather... we're hoping it'll be at least in the 70s! One thing we're concerned about is bugs and mosquitoes hanging around...kind of the main reason we nixed our first venue. We have an indoor reception area, though, so there should be some escape if that happens (which it won't! - *knocks wood*) Maybe consider having fans and ice water for your guests, and maybe a tent or canopy to sneak under - and definitely sunscreen available!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're doing an outdoor wedding, and there is a chance it will be hot. However it's in the evening, and we're going to provide glasses or water, and hand fans, so hopefully everyone will be okay with it!
  • We're doing an outdoor wedding as well.  The ceremony spot will likely be in the sun, but we're pushing back to early evening to help with some of the heat.  I'm also renting the closest pavilion to our ceremony spot so people can stay out of the sun if they choose to come early.

We're also going to be supplying water for our guests and we're having program fans.  If it wasn't going to be so hot I'd probably just skip the programs altogether but paddle fans are an inexpensive and easy enough to make.

The BM who passed out at the wedding you went to was probably not staying hydrated properly.  We see it occasionally with people in our camping group regardless of how much we try and shove water at them.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • We're going to have ice cold mimosas and hand fans for everyone, and then the reception will be indoors.   So hopefully it will be tolerable.  It's also been unseasonably hot here this summer....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-outdoor-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:ad62ff33-cb36-495c-b397-7f163b42a406Post:c72d0901-192e-46ed-8048-d5f1c22df132">Re: July Outdoor weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having an outdoor ceremony, but we live in really mild weather... we're hoping it'll be at least in the 70s! One thing we're concerned about is bugs and mosquitoes hanging around...kind of the main reason we nixed our first venue. We have an indoor reception area, though, so there should be some escape if that happens (which it won't! - *knocks wood*) Maybe consider having fans and ice water for your guests, and maybe a tent or canopy to sneak under - and definitely sunscreen available!
    Posted by missquela[/QUOTE]
  • Our venue supplies water and I plan on doing fans as well!. The place for the ceremony has sun but then guests walk from there to the reception area in the shade gardens. There is a big pavillion with paddle fans and two tents. They usually surround the tents with fans as well so I hope they are enough to keep guests cool. It starts at 5:30 pm. Just wish the sun went down earlier. Stupid day lights saving time!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-outdoor-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:ad62ff33-cb36-495c-b397-7f163b42a406Post:9e053dd6-7dd0-42de-b8a9-1d07a3d81f56">Re: July Outdoor weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to have ice cold mimosas and hand fans for everyone, and then the reception will be indoors.   So hopefully it will be tolerable.  It's also been unseasonably hot here this summer.... In Response to Re: July Outdoor weddings :
    Posted by Poog87[/QUOTE]

Can I come?  LOL ;)

That sounds great.  Maybe I'll have to look into that, haha.  Although, our venue doesn't like "bulk alcohol" so a water cooler full of mixed drinks is probably against the rules :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-outdoor-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:ad62ff33-cb36-495c-b397-7f163b42a406Post:1d337354-7ec3-463d-9417-525094a65393">Re: July Outdoor weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: July Outdoor weddings : Can I come?  LOL ;) That sounds great.  Maybe I'll have to look into that, haha.  Although, our venue doesn't like "bulk alcohol" so a water cooler full of mixed drinks is probably against the rules :)
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

i want to come too!! mimosas?! great idea. we'll be serving vodka lemonades as our adult refreshment :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's been brutally hot this year too. Our ceremony isn't until 6pm though, so even if it is still hot at that time, we'll be out of the direct sun no matter what. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • We are having an outdoor ceremony, but the reception is indoors. I am really hoping that next year we don't have these crazy heat waves in July. If we do then I will definately provide Poland Spring waters, since its local, to the guests and possibly a fan program if we do programs at all.
  • We are having an all outdoor wedding too and I've been pretty concerned about the weather. We're in Northern California and the weather has been all over the place this month from 60s to 100s. Like PPs, I'm planning on ice cold water and fans if it's hot. We're considering a tent for the reception area and big umbrellas in the cocktail hour area, but we'll wait until much closer to make any real decisions. Other than that, I'm crossing my fingers and praying that weather will be perfect on our day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I first booked, rain was my biggest fear, and I think it still is (it is Oregon after all!). But it has been known to get hot. For example, my FBIL's wedding is tomorrow, and it's to be 97 degrees! Plus we are taking pictures, in the sun, during the hottest part of the day. My poor fi in his multi-layer tux! I'm going to be bad enough in Satin at a dry, vegan wedding. Here's to hoping I'm not the bridesmaid who passes out from heat/lack of protien!! 

Luckily our venue next year has plenty of great shady trees and we'll have a tent with fans as well. Here's hoping for a nice high-70's day July 20!! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards