July 2013 Weddings

July Week 1 Accountability Thread!

Alright ladies!  I'm a few hours early but that's okay :)

Many of us had previously mentioned losing weight + toning up for our weddings.  Some people might have perfect bods but need to clear up their complection, tame frizzy manes, stop biting their nails, whatever :)  So we're going to start doing weekly threads to talk about our plans, our goals, our successes and our failures!  Anything that has to do with health, fitness, nutrition, etc. goes.  Share recipes, daily skin routines, workout videos you tried & liked, anti-split end serums, whatever!  

Please no flaming (not that you'd do that) but unless otherwise stated I would assume that constructive criticism is welcome.

I would also encourage all of you to snap a current photo of yourself in which you can clearly see the faults you're wanting to work on, as well as jot down any numerical signifiers that are important to you (weight, measurements, BMI, etc.) so that as time goes on you have something to compare to!
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: July Week 1 Accountability Thread!

• YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....  i need to get off couch and start walking some
  • Last week: I was good and started doing C25k.  I started mid-week though, and I'm going to start week 1 over so I can get into a MWF-type schedule. 

I also went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of food.  I was a bit sticker shocked  (almost $130), but we were running low on a lot of things and probably would have ended up spending it even if I bought crap food instead of junk food.  Only difference is that if I don't eat this food it goes bad :)  I bought a few "questionable" foods, but its a lot better than the processed food and fast-food crap we've been eating lately so it has to be an improvement!

Beverages: Pineapple juice, orange juice, skim milk (for FSS), almond milk (vanilla & chocolate), sweat tea (for FI) and raspberry tea (for FSD), bottled water.  

Other dairy:  Non-fat yogurt, 3 small blocks of cheese (which I then cubed for snacking)

Protein: eggs, turkey & beef (both cut at the deli counter), steak & various pork chops from the meat counter for grilling (we still have a lot of chicken at home).

Grain: fruit & nut granola (from the "organic" section), and two kinds of super expensive whole-grain bread that are supposed to be a LOT heathier than the breads that just "claim" to be whole-grain.  They'd better be for what I paid for them!

Produce:  Strawberries, peppers (R, Y, G), oranges, baby carrots, bananas, grapes, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, sweet onions, sweet corn.  I'm making salads for work next week :)

This week: I've decided that I'm not going to toss the unhealthy foods we already have at home, BUT I'm going to try and limit them to cheat days and when the FSKs are here so they can eat them instead.  I'm also going to replace them with healthier alternatives as they disappear :)  I think Sunday is going to be my weekly meal prep day where I make my salad/portion out produce/start the defrost cycle for the week so all I have to do is come home and throw things together.  There's tons of websites out there with "clean" recipes for just about everything so I'm going to baby steps towards cooking from scratch all of the time.  Lucky for me its summer which means grilling season!

I'm going to restart C25k and go jogging 3 days a week (hopefully MWF) and I want to do weights 3x/week to work on toning up my arms for that strapless dress ;)  I also have dry skin on the outside of my arms so I need to start remembering to put oil/lotion whatever on it regularly to see if it starts clearing up.  I've always always had it but have never done anything about it.  I've got just over a year to play around with it and see a dermatologist if necessary.  When running, I need to remember to wear my underarmor shorts under my other shorts because last time I started chafing because my thighs were rubbing together every time my shorts rode up :(  I'll be SO glad when those shrink up and that doesn't happen anymore.
  • @flutterbride2b: Wow! You have everything planned out. I need to start doing that. It gives a lot more motivation when I have things planned as I have some sort of guidelines to follow. Do you have weights at home or will you be going to a gym for toning? I have ten pounders at home that I mess around with from time to time.

I'll be putting something up soon!
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Getting in shape and letting my bangs grow.

Fitness: I'm not really overweight, but I want to be more fit. I weigh about 11 pounds more than I did a year ago, but I was also working out like crazy last year and dropped that same 11 pounds. It just came back. So basically I'm trying to get it to go away again.

My plan: This is what I am doing and plan to continue.
    Cardio everyday.I have been doing a one hour hardcore Tae Bo workout with none other than Billy Blanks (love that guy.) I also went jogging/walking at the track near my house and would like it if it would stop raining so I could go again. I might throw a bit of P90X in but that stuff kills me.

The Bangs: I have anxiety and depression. As a child I developed a coping mechanism of ripping out my bangs. It's just a habit now. The right side gets it the worst. My bangs are horribly lopsided and always really short. Since I also twist them they are also ten times curlier than the rest of my hair and sometimes stick out at funky angles.

My plan: I recently got around to buying hair clips. That seems to be helping quite a bit and I think my bangs have even grown a bit. But whenever the clips are out my hand goes right back to ripping. Sometimes I'm not even aware I'm doing it. Suggestions for this are greatly appreciated.

July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • everytime you notice or someone notices you are pulling/ripping/twilrling bangs then put a quarter in jar. 
  • I want to lose some weight (I gained the freshman 15 then the grad school 20, almost to the letter.  I want to be down to my happy weight!) I also want to get more fit, but I HATE working out, so it will be a struggle.  Additionally, I want to stop biting my nails!

As for the diet, It's been going only okay. We've had people over several times this week, which always messes with my diet.  Additionally, one of the side effects of my otherwise awesome birth control is being hungry like, all the time.  I think next week will be better diet wise :/

As for fitness, I went out and splurged on a piece of equipment I've wanted for years :a stripper pole!  I've learned a few basic moves and routines, and let me tell you, they kick your butt! Afterwards my whole body hurts, particularly my arms, which are my 'focus zone' (hellloooo strapless wedding dress!).  It's a blast, and a really good workout!

I've also been good about my nails, but it's to early to see any real progress. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-week-1-accountability-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b2438549-56af-4b2c-91c8-c1c5691dac91Post:96d2a182-718d-4057-bc65-f999071ce92a">Re: July Week 1 Accountability Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]everytime you notice or someone notices you are pulling/ripping/twilrling bangs then put a quarter in jar. 
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea! Only I use my quarters for laundry so I never have any. I have a ton of dimes though, I'll have to try with those.

[QUOTE]As for fitness, I went out and splurged on a piece of equipment I've wanted for years :a stripper pole!
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh! That sounds so fun! I'm pretty certain I'd kill myself if I ever tried to use one though.
  • Hi girls! I am on board as of today. I dont mind sharing my specs either.. im 5'6'', 123 lbs..most of what I really want is to tone the jiggle around my midsection. Fi and I went for a bike ride this morning and Ive followed that up with some delish cantaloupe. Yum! This morning I made a peach blueberry smoothie and only had half cause I hate doing anything feeling full. I also threw out all the junk and went fruit crazy..so we'll see where week 1 ends up!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-week-1-accountability-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b2438549-56af-4b2c-91c8-c1c5691dac91Post:fa42a660-7ba7-4f23-8ead-3102846b21f5">Re: July Week 1 Accountability Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: July Week 1 Accountability Thread! : This is a good idea! Only I use my quarters for laundry so I never have any. I have a ton of dimes though, I'll have to try with those. Oh my gosh! That sounds so fun! I'm pretty certain I'd kill myself if I ever tried to use one though.
    Posted by CKSillyPants[/QUOTE]

No, it was really easy to set up, and there are TONS of tutorial vids you can watch! I'm a HUGE spaz and I'm already not horrible at it.  I reccomend it as a fun work out!
  • I am on board too! I started last week, I realized that I needed to just feel better about myself :)
    Right now I am 190 and 5'7. My goal is to lose 5lbs this month and next to look better for our epics in September. Then I will see where I am and keep going from there :)

My plan is to work out 3-5 times a week with a mix of weights and cardio. My diet plan(my fiance made for me)

breakfast-granola bar and fruit or protien shake
    snack-pb&j with skim milk
    lunch-sandwhich
    snack-yogurt
    dinner- chicken, rice, veggie

this is just an example of what I could use for a meal a day. I have 1305 calories a day to use and I have one cheat day a week where I get to eat better snacks(unhealthy) that way I am not doing it all through the week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think a stripper pole would be super fun, but I have NO idea where I'd put one.  Also, how to explain it to FSKs, lol.

I went through the fridge today and shucked corn, chopped veggies + cheese & cleaned off fruit.  The fridge is full of easy-to-eat healthy foods for snacking.  I also made a dinner plan-of-attack for this week and started thawing appropriately :) 
  • You girls are good! I need to hold-off until after the 4th. Big happenings tomorrow and the actualy holiday! 
    I've already attempted to go back to the gym. I've been on-and-off due to a neck injury from an accident in March 2011....thank god it wasn't anything severe, but enough to effect my life big time.
    I've continued to do zumba...love it...and started to go to body pump at my gym. I have to modify a bit, but still an amazing workout! I'm also supposed to be doing a road race in August...7.2 miles...so I'm training for that! My first time back on the tredmill I ran 2 miles in 18 minutes! Not great, but for my first time back on I was pumped! 
    As far as my diet goes, I'm just planning on eating healthier foods. I'm not a huge junkfood junky but my weakness is ice cream....and when it's summer, it's so hard to indulge!!!

I have gained some weight from a new medication I started taking (the most bizarre BC pill ever...it's chewable and tastes minty....wth?! My dr gave me a year's worth of it for free...I couldn't say no!). I want to lose that nowwwww! I'm 5'8, 145 lbs. I want to be at 135 for the wedding next year....

I'm so excited to have this little support group here. It'll be awesome to keep each other motivated!!! :)

369 days!!!!! :):):)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-week-1-accountability-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b2438549-56af-4b2c-91c8-c1c5691dac91Post:6f1cf05a-c50a-417d-b25b-2509bebdc3b3">Re: July Week 1 Accountability Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE] As for fitness, I went out and splurged on a piece of equipment I've wanted for years :a stripper pole!  I've learned a few basic moves and routines, and let me tell you, they kick your butt! Afterwards my whole body hurts, particularly my arms, which are my 'focus zone' (hellloooo strapless wedding dress!).  It's a blast, and a really good workout! 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay for you Gabrielle! I've had a pole for nearly 2 years now & love every minute of it- If you're ever looking fo ideas and/or a supportive community I'm a member at studioveena.com. It's a free site but she also has tutorials avaialble for an annual monthly fee. I've been pretty good at doing my weekly hour pole workout for the past month, now's the month I make it twice a week!  Also, I've been trying to clear up my acne prone skin for the wedding- I got a dermabrasion last week & started a new skincare line from Jan Marini. So far so good! Heres to a toned body & clear glowing skin! </div>
    July 2013 Knottie Siggy Challenge: Location, Location! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So proud of myself...there is a strawberry rhubarb pie in the fridge that we got from the local amish market and I haven't touched it since I tried it. Mainly because its "all natural" and one of the ingredients is lard..and who wants to be eating that?! yuck!

The past 2 days Ive been doing really good. I have p90x Im debating on starting..but I should probably just start running again. We have a local 5k thats on the 4th every year and this is the 2nd time Im skipping it cause I havent ran since before Christmas. FI and I moved to an area thats primarly all hills and what not and I HATE it. And driving down to where I used to live (20 mins) is just a waste of gas..ugh...    but I DO have a treadmill in the garage so maybe if I can talk him into installing a tv in there I'll quit my complainin :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was gone for the weekend, so I missed this thread, but I still want to chyme in. For me, this is more about sticking to my physical activities and maintaining my current diet (with a few tweaks) than changing anything. I'm 5'4" and 110 lbs, so I'm pretty lean already. Most of the things I'm doing are for the health benefits, although I wouldn't mind a more toned tummy.

Activities:

I'm doing C25K 3 times/week, whenever it fits in my schedule. I'm on week 2 right now (running is a new addition to my routine because I've been lacking cardio) and I'm loving it! It's also allowing me to get out and explore our town more, which is cool because we've lived here almost a year and I've never gotten around to it. We have walking trails and a pond and stuff that I never knew existed! Score!

I also climb twice a week. This is my strength training and I love it! 

Sometimes FI and I go to yoga at the climbing gym as well. It's offered once/week. I'd like to get in the habit of going every week, but that hasn't happened so far because that's an hour less we can spend on the wall. 

Also, I've gone to a pole dancing class a few times. It kicked my arse! Yikes! But super fun. Having one at home would be sick, actually.

Diet:

I eat a fair bit of fresh stuff as it is, although I would like to increase this. My goal is to add a piece of fruit at breakfast and another fresh thing in the evening (fruit or veg, doesn't matter). I do still snack, but it's generally limited to 1 bad food/day (chips or ice cream or cookies, usually), and I'm OK with that. I'm also increasing my intake of water, since it's summertime and I need to stay hydrated!

I would like to get better at meal planning, just because it would make my life easier. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I got a heel blister while running today (in my old hikers...they NEVER give me blisters and I've run in them before because they're more comfortable/supportive than my cross-trainers). Guess I'm off exercising for a few days - I tried climbing tonight and it was hell (those shoes are tiny, dude). Just had to complain :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Yay, we finally have an accountability thread! :) 

Recently I had been eating really horribly (Starbucks and Mexican food every day) and refusing to go to the gym... I just could not find the motivation I needed to get my ass in gear, so I hired a coach to help me. I am currently in Week 4 of working with my coach, and things have been going well! 

Here's what I've been doing, boiled down to the basics: 6 small meals a day of high protein and moderate carbs and healthy fats; about one hour a day on the StairMaster six days a week; and five days a week of weight training. I've cut out all liquid calories, meaning I now only drink water (no milk, juice, or soda of any kind), aiming to drink about 3/4 gallon per day. My caloric goal for the day is 1,600. I usually hit around 1,400 so I need to be eating more! Once a week I get a cheat meal where I can eat whatever I want! :) I usually end up going for a cheeseburger and fries with some ice cream after. Hehe.

I am 5'0" and currently around 125 lbs. Although I do like seeing the numbers on the scale go down, I don't have a weight loss goal. My ultimate goal is to drop body fat and put on lean muscle, changing the composition of my body rather than what it weighs. Every Saturday morning I jump into my bikini and have FI take pictures of me from all sides/angles. These are my progress pictures. I send these pics to my coach weekly, along with a weekly checklist where I let her know if I hit my caloric goal, didn't cheat on my diet, and did all my cardio and weights. I also have an account on myfitnesspal where I log everything I eat, and my coach checks that too. 

I'm really trying to turn fitness into a lifestyle... my FI is a national-level competitive bodybuilder and bodybuilding is simply his lifestyle. We basically do work, eat, train, and sleep. :) I want to ensure that after I'm done working with my coach, I can keep on my plan and build my dream body for the wedding and beyond! I am even considering doing a bikini contest next year after the wedding. We will see. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow girls you have really starting getting together on this one I'm so excited.  I have started walking/jogging again and growing out my hair.  There are so many things I need to do before the wedding like stay away from anything I'm allergic to so I don't get hives and I need to stop my nervous bad habit of bitting my cuticals not my nails.  I need to take my measurements when I get home and weigh myself again.  Hopefully I haven't gained since I started exercising last week
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This week I've been running every other day outside(it sucks because of how hot it is!) and going to the gym too on the days I don't run. My MOH and I are working together to lose weight so it's nice to have her with me!  I've also been doing really really good with my diet! I even ate at Chili's last night and stayed under my limit! I think I can do this!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Week 1, almost done! I thought I'd throw in my two cents though :3 I think I maybe failed my week 1 resolutions (had I made any). Sort of along the lines of chels&jimmy I have not been motivated. I have a gym membership, love to go to the classes, even find it easy to do rote exercises like treadmill and elliptical, and yet my cute ever-expanding butt sits at home. I CAN eat right, but for some reason sweets and salty fattening food keeps finding its way into my hands. I have a really bad case of the I-don't-wanna's. When the year mark for the wedding rolled around yesterday I sort of had a shock. My arms will never be toned if I don't get to the gym. I won't want to run around in a bikini on the honeymoon if my stomach is flabby. Cookies are not my friends. So my resolution is to go to the gym every day. Ever day. No matter how busy. How tired. How bored "depressed" (oh the monthly hormone shot that is menstruatiom). Luckily I found a friend who goes to the same gym as I so we'll be working out (Zumba-ing) together now three days a week. So I'm accountable for the other four. Here's to new beginnings!
    Our summer star-lit night is well on its way :3
    July 2013 Signature: Wedding Colours
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Miss Soon-to-be-Webb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards