July 2013 Weddings
Options

What's new with everyone???

I would love to hear what you ladies are up to wedding or non-wedding related are you working on any D.I.Y projects, booking any vendors etc.....
Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!

Re: What's new with everyone???

• Options

Our reception venue has a large staircase that all of our guests will come down and we will be coming down with the bridal party for our grand entrance. They charge about $200 to swag it with lighted tulle, which a) I think is WAY too expensive, and b) is a little to frilly for our wedding style. So, my plan is to make a bunting in our wedding colors to swag down the banister instead. I haven't been sewing long (I got my machine two weeks ago!) so I have been practicing making the little flags for the bunting out of the cheapest fabric I could find so I can get it down before I buy the fabric I want in our wedding colors. I am a total Type A perfectionist, so I want to save myself some time later by getting the process down with making the flags now.

• Options
    In the non-wedding world, I've been getting my house all clean and ready for FI and I to go out of town for spring break (we're going to my family's house).  We're having a friend feed our pets, so I've been getting them ready too. 

On a wedding related note, we're a little stressed because we were planning for a guest list of 100, and now it's looking more like 130, which is mucking with the budgeting.  But when we're home, I'm going dress shopping (hope to have some pics to post next week!) and having a consultation with a DJ. 
  • Options
    In regards to WalkersFurMama that sounds like a big project I need to find something to do to keep me busy I don't want to leave a lot to do at the last minute I'm so worried that I'm going to be overwhelmed the weeks prior to my wedding. I hope your project goes well and definitely post pictures I'm curious to see what it will look like.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • Options
    In regards to Gabrielle I'm jealous I would love to get out of town for a week for vacation any beach would be nice!!! On the wedding related note we had the opposite happen to us we were going to book a venue that had a minimum of 200 guest's but we chose a new venue and were probably going to have around 150 guest's so I understand what your going through is it possible to shorten the guest list at all???
  • Options
    FI and I just bought a house 2 months ago and we've been working relentlessy at it. FI is trying to finish the countertops as I sit here and think about dinner lol.  We got the Rust-oleum stuff from Lowes and its soooo much work. I couldn't love him enough for what he's done so far. We have no working kitchen because everything is moved around so dinners lately have been left overs or ordered out. It'll be nice to sit down to a home cooked meal once this is all done. I can't wait to put holes in the new walls to decorate either lol

On the wedding side, I haven't really done much of anything lately. I made a payment on my dress (yay!) and I can order it probably next month when I make another payment so that'll be exciting. Other than that I'm not really sure what to do. We have to find a limo company as well as a DJ but with $$ going towards the house I don't want to drive us into a financial rut. One thing at a time I guess.. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-new-with-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b6289f64-670d-4887-aa35-0530f30d2a7ePost:4df3cf49-ce07-45b7-b6d7-956e9f6e613a">Re: What's new with everyone???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In regards to Gabrielle I'm jealous I would love to get out of town for a week for vacation any beach would be nice!!! On the wedding related note we had the opposite happen to us we were going to book a venue that had a minimum of 200 guest's but we chose a new venue and were probably going to have around 150 guest's so I understand what your going through is it possible to shorten the guest list at all???
    Posted by trent13[/QUOTE]
    A beach would be great, but unfortunately it's just a trip to suburbia.  My FI gets the guest room (my parents don't condone is sleeping in the same room in their home), and I bunk with my sister who's still in higschool, and I have a ton of work to do on my thesis, so it's not exactly a dream trip. 
    As for the guests, maybe we could share, you could take some of mine off my hands! Half of the relatives my parents are insisting on inviting have only met me like once anyway, so they probably wouldn't know the difference!
  • Options
    emmyrooemmyroo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Not much going on WR for me.  I have to get back to my photographer about when we can meet to sign the contract and give her the deposit.  The guest list is slowly coming together too.  My FMIL just needs to add her people and we need to gather addresses.  On the 18th, I'm going to a wedding fair in Minneapolis with my mom and sister.  That'll be a good time!

Non-WR: it's my birthday on Sunday!!  I'm going to be 25, a whole quarter-century!  The only bummer is that daylight savings time happens on Sunday, so I only get 23 hours of birthday ;)  I'm going to make snickerdoodle cupcakes to bring into the office on Friday... yum!  When FI asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said a house!  So, if we find the perfect house on Sunday, he's going to put an offer on it.  Not too likely that we'll find it on Sunday, but it's fun to go looking!  The house we looked at last Sunday was BEAUTIFUL on the inside, like the perfect decor and everything.  It just had a few downsides that added up: no dining room area, no place to put FI's fishing boat, and it's right next to the highway so it's pretty noisy.  Oh well.  We're not in any hurry, so we can wait for the perfect house to come along.  I just hope it's sooner rather than later! 

I'm also taking hot yoga classes, and I kind of love it!  It may just be my imagination, but I think I'm already down a pound since I started last week! (it may just be all that sweat, lol!)  Not that I have much to lose... but it's nice to see it go down.  Today, we were doing wheel pose, which is a backbend.  I had not been able to get my head off the ground so far, but today I did!  I was so excited and kind of surprised!  So yeah, that's life right now :)
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Too much! I bought a second dress! (Again used, and I am selling the other.)
    And bought new shoes... again cheap. 
    I really am happy with my final choices and I LOVE them.

I finished my table numbers, have most of the other components of the centerpieces. I need fillers like feathers and flowers.

My venue is booked. And looking beautiful as always.

I have almost everything perfectly in place. 
    I could get married this July if everyone wasn't so against it!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    July 2013 Knotties March Siggy Challenge - Accessories!
  • Options
    I'm trying hard not to plan too much as our wedding is still so far away, but I am thoroughly enjoying looking at all the photos and reading up on all the ideas on theknot.com.

We're getting ready to move in together as well and with my son well on his way to finishing his end of high school exams there is much to keep me occupied.

Really looking forward to starting to plan properly in the summer...
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I'm trying hard not to plan too much as our wedding is still so far away, but I am thoroughly enjoying looking at all the photos and reading up on all the ideas on theknot.com. We're getting ready to move in together as well and with my son well on his way to finishing his end of high school exams there is much to keep me occupied. Really looking forward to starting to plan properly in the summer...
    Posted by ncompton[/QUOTE]

I wish I had your self control! I already have soooo much finished and planned. I ran into one problem with buying my dress early (but I didn't do it at a salon... just a used one from Weddingbee, very cheap)!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    July 2013 Knotties March Siggy Challenge - Accessories!
  • Options

Yay for getting a house, that's our next step after we get married I'm anxious.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-new-with-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b6289f64-670d-4887-aa35-0530f30d2a7ePost:7c6358cf-68df-4100-9e1c-47fb8be9ce7d">Re: What's new with everyone???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's new with everyone??? : A beach would be great, but unfortunately it's just a trip to suburbia.  My FI gets the guest room (my parents don't condone is sleeping in the same room in their home), and I bunk with my sister who's still in higschool, and I have a ton of work to do on my thesis, so it's not exactly a dream trip.  <font color="#33cccc">As for the guests, maybe we could share, you could take some of mine off my hands! Half of the relatives my parents are insisting on inviting have only met me like once anyway, so they probably wouldn't know the difference!
    </font>Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

That is too funny I'm sure my FI wouldn't mind, as for the issue with your parents that stinks my FI and I don't really have that dilemma because we are paying for the majority of the wedding so our parents understand well I take that back my mom understands how expensive everything is.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-new-with-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b6289f64-670d-4887-aa35-0530f30d2a7ePost:24401d6b-6ef3-41e3-b845-06e21770c13c">Re: What's new with everyone???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not much going on WR for me.  I have to get back to my photographer about when we can meet to sign the contract and give her the deposit.  The guest list is slowly coming together too.  My FMIL just needs to add her people and we need to gather addresses.  On the 18th, I'm going to a wedding fair in Minneapolis with my mom and sister.  That'll be a good time! Non-WR: <font color="#ff00ff">it's my birthday on Sunday!!  I'm going to be 25, a whole quarter-century!</font>  The only bummer is that daylight savings time happens on Sunday, so I only get 23 hours of birthday ;)  I'm going to make snickerdoodle cupcakes to bring into the office on Friday... yum!  When FI asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said a house!  So, if we find the perfect house on Sunday, he's going to put an offer on it.  Not too likely that we'll find it on Sunday, but it's fun to go looking!  The house we looked at last Sunday was BEAUTIFUL on the inside, like the perfect decor and everything.  It just had a few downsides that added up: no dining room area, no place to put FI's fishing boat, and it's right next to the highway so it's pretty noisy.  Oh well.  We're not in any hurry, so we can wait for the perfect house to come along.  I just hope it's sooner rather than later!  I'm also taking hot yoga classes, and I kind of love it!  It may just be my imagination, but I think I'm already down a pound since I started last week! (it may just be all that sweat, lol!)  Not that I have much to lose... but it's nice to see it go down.  Today, we were doing wheel pose, which is a backbend.  I had not been able to get my head off the ground so far, but today I did!  I was so excited and kind of surprised!  So yeah, that's life right now :)
    Posted by emmyroo[/QUOTE]

Well Happy Birthday if I'm not on TK on sunday I hope you have fun, and maybe get a house for your birthday!!!!!! I definitely need to start working out I considered yoga but I havn't started anything yet I can't sit down in my wedding dress I can zip it up I just can't sit down :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-new-with-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b6289f64-670d-4887-aa35-0530f30d2a7ePost:6fd179a5-dd2c-4f91-ab78-66e62f49dde3">Re: What's new with everyone???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Too much! I bought a second dress! (Again used, and I am selling the other.) And bought new shoes... again cheap.  I really am happy with my final choices and I LOVE them. I finished my table numbers, have most of the other components of the centerpieces. I need fillers like feathers and flowers. My venue is booked. And looking beautiful as always. I have almost everything perfectly in place. <strong> I could get married this July if everyone wasn't so against it!
    </strong>Posted by jymdrw[/QUOTE]

Why are people against you getting married a year earlier??? That stinks tell them to keep their opinions to themselves!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-new-with-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b6289f64-670d-4887-aa35-0530f30d2a7ePost:ed38e5d1-5424-4ea1-8f15-71ca7220a25b">Re: What's new with everyone???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying hard not to plan too much as our wedding is still so far away, but I am thoroughly enjoying looking at all the photos and reading up on all the ideas on theknot.com. We're getting ready to move in together as well and with my son well on his way to finishing his end of high school exams there is much to keep me occupied. <strong>Really looking forward to starting to plan properly in the summer...</strong>
    Posted by ncompton[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to wait any longer to book my important vendors because the ones I really liked book fast I actually had to change my date to get the photographer my FI and I really wanted. I hope your planning goes well...
  • Options

I would have got married this year but I just can't afford it :o

That's okay though, because as a trade-off I get you lovely ladies instead! :)  We'll be married at the end of the day anyways, so that's what really matters, right?

NWR: Grandma's doing okay.  She got to go home at least.  She won't get test results back until next week.

FI's grandma was back in the hospital but got to go home too.  They adjusted her medication so she's doing fine now.

Work is same-old same-old.

The 15th my alma mater should be doing a transcript eval. to see how much of a PITA it would be for me to get my K-9 teaching certification.  I can sub or aide currently and I should have just gotten it in the first place, but hindsight is of course 20-20.

Closet is finally done and Directv go hooked up today!  Internet was supposed to work as of yesterday but apparently something's wrong and they have to send someone out to take a look at it.  Don't ask me when they're going to be able to do that because I just don't know!  I can't wait to go sofa shopping, lol.  Never thought I'd be so excited about a couch after not having one for so long.

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_whats-new-with-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b6289f64-670d-4887-aa35-0530f30d2a7ePost:18f86342-415e-414c-aa22-99f4b451d964">Re: What's new with everyone???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for getting a house, that's our next step after we get married I'm anxious.
    Posted by trent13[/QUOTE]

that's what we're doing too...i feel like it would be way too much to try to plan my dream wedding and go house hunting at the same time...totally anxious, but pretty excited too.

i'm just starting to move from planning to doing...ordered the save the dates, narrowed our venue down to TWO places (making the decision this weekend!! :), chose our wedding colors and ordered some cheapo ribbon and beads to start planning the DIY centerpieces and decorations, found some really good cheap envelopes on ebay...

i think at this point, i'm just trying to buy as much as the little stuff i know will add up later as i can, to avoid that uh-oh inevitable over the budget moment. so far so good!

July 2013 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    After attending church this week, I have tried not to have wedding planning take over but:
    • I am alsomost finished on my 1st DYI project: my BM's invites! I already gave one to my MOH (my sister) and she loved it!
    • We have the church booked.
    • I've talked to the venue about a new contact, the menu, and the after party (they also have a club next door with 1/2 VIP). They are getting back to me about the menu. Hopefully, I can despoit this week to book.
    • I started over with inquring with photogs (check my posts for the story). I'm down to 4 I like and in the budget. Two of my BM's are going to help my cut it down to 2-3 for interviewing in 6 weeks.
    • Bought my shoes for $10! Yay! 
    • Assigned a BM to look into hotel blocks (she asked for something to do).
    • Talked with one of my GM about designing the invites.
    • FI talked with his BM about creating the wooden advice board for our as guestbook.
    • Talked to my daddy (parents divorced) about how he will help with the wedding; he went to hear jazz/blues/r&b this weekend and he said he would pay for the band at the wedding! He got the information for the band for possible booking. 
    • Talked to a saxophonist for the reception
    • Talked to my day-of coordinator about her mom doing the deco (she has her own company on the side). Unfortunately, she is out of my budget, so I am preparing myself for a follow up convo about budget or considering me/my mom doing the centerpieces. So I'm looking online for ideas. 
    I am going to try to cut it down a bit on the planning, but I feel like I'm in a good place :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards