July 2013 Weddings
Options

HELP, HUGE family need big venue

Hi everyone!

I just recently got engaged and I am trying to plan my wedding for this July. That gives me 7 short months to plan (I know it can be done)! My fiancé is from the upper peninsula of MI so we would like to have a rustic style wedding to make all of them feel at home.

I live near the Flint area and would be willing to travel a bit for a good rustic venue. I loomed at the milestone barn in chesaning. They are booked for 2013. :( I would like something this style.

My biggest problem is I have over 150 family members (not counting children) that are close family to me. They all require invites. Therefore I have to find a venue suitable for about 300 people that is rustic, close, and affordable. YIKES!!!!

Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Re: HELP, HUGE family need big venue

• Options

i would post on your local board <--------------------- this is an international board

• Options
    I"m from that area, grew up in Holly and my wedding is in Fenton/Grand Blanc. Our reception is at The Captains Club in GB and they host large weddings, but I am afraid they are booked up for most of Summer 2013. I'm not real sure about real rustic venues. . . but I know there are venues in the area that can accomdate large weddings. Good luck on your search and welcome to the July board. :) 
  • Options
    I have the same problem, we too have over +120 people in my family alone. Have you considered an outdoor wedding? You can check with both local and state parks, 4-H camps, campground, and such. These places usually also have a covered shelter and are usually affordable.
    PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards