July 2013 Weddings

Think I have went off my dress :/

I am getting married in July. I have just had a baby 9 weeks ago so only started looking for dresses 4 weeks ago, visited 4 shops. The first was awful no dress fitted me and it was all the ones I had first ever picked :/. I went to second shop and tried my dress on and loved it then went to third shop and tried something a bit more to what I was interested in but my mum didn't like it. I finally went with the other dress as I was running short on time but keep looking at other dressses and getting myself down. Is this normal untill you see it and try it on in your size etc? Here is a picture of my dress. Think I am putting myself down because I haven't saw any pictures of real women in it.
elf 

Re: Think I have went off my dress :/

• It is absolutely gorgeous! No doubts here, you look like a bombshell. :) 
  • I think it's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks. Think it's cause it's completely different to what I wanted. I didn't want strapless sweetheart dress that puffed out lol but that what suited my body best. Glad when my wedding is over so i dont need to worry anymore lol. That's bad haha 
  • You look great, don't second guess yourself. 

But, a piece of advice: Stop looking at other dresses.  Stop it stop it stop it.  You wouldn't date other men after saying yes to FI to make sure nothing seemed better, and you shouldn't do it with your dress!  Don't look at dress magazines, at pictures online, or in salons.  It's easier not to second guess yourself if you don't tempt yourself!
  • beautiful dress!
  • I love it!!! I wish I would fit into that style!! You look amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look great in that picture! And you just had a baby 9 weeks ago! Give yourself some credit for looking as fabulous as you do after having a baby and by the time July comes, you will look even better. Congrats on the baby!
  • You look fabulous!  I did the same thing...I had a certain "style" I just knew I wanted (ballgown with tons of tulle) and cut out pictures, then when I tried it on, I wanted to look at other options.  I ended up going with a light and flowy gown opposite what I thought I wanted and LOVE my dress!!  You will only torture yourself more if you keep looking!  Congrats of the baby too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards