July 2013 Weddings
Options

When are you taking your Honeymoon? - Poll

FH and I cannot decide if we want to go right after the wedding and enjoy our vacation whie basking in the glow of wedded bliss, or if we want to wait and go when the weather is crappy here and escape to a nice beach and some fruity drinks. Up until now we've been leaning towards waiting, but lately I have been thinking that I would really enjoy having the true Honeymoon experience. 

Re: When are you taking your Honeymoon? - Poll

• Options
    I have always, always envisioned going at like 6am the following morning. I love the momentum and the idea of a big send off but now that we've been discussing details and time lines I have to laugh at myself and realize how NOT awake we'll probably be lol. I'm pretty sure we'll use Sunday as a "cleaning, moving crap into the basement" day and then fly out either Monday or Tuesday since flights are usually cheaper mid week. It kills me that flights only go so far out but trust me, the second they are updated for July next year I will be all over it like white on rice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had always been a "go with the momentum" type but now that I'm looking at where we're going, it might be better if we waited a few weeks for better pricing.  I hate being so rational!  Though I did think it sucked when my fiance's brother had to go right back to work the next day... so not the way to come back to reality after a perfect day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:When are you taking your Honeymoon? Poll:[QUOTE]I had always been a quot;go with the momentumquot; type but now that I'm looking at where we're going, it might be better if we waited a few weeks for better pricing.nbsp; I hate being so rational!nbsp; Though I did think it sucked when my fiance's brother had to go right back to work the next day... so not the way to come back to reality after a perfect day! Posted by garbasaurus[/QUOTE] agreed!! I would hate to go back to work the following day and having to wait to leave. Work is not something to have to worry about after having a fun day!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're taking a minimoon right after the wedding - as in, we live in San Francisco and are getting married in Sausalito, and then we shall rent a vacation rental on the water in Sausalito and do some wine tasting and fun stuff together for a few days after the wedding, and then we are going to take a real honeymoon in November somewhere warm and with fruity drinks! FI is a landscaper, and since we're getting married right smack dab in the middle of the busy season, it would not make sense for us to leave right away, but I still want that "going away" feeling right after the wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Unless we have a rich relative crawl out from under a rock and pay for our honeymoon we won't be able to afford it right away. We are going to have to wait a little while.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We are getting married on a Friday, so we will probably leave either Sunday afternoon or Monday. We aren't even sure where we are going to go yet, but I want to do it right after the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting married on a Friday, so I am think we would leave Sat afternoon, Sunday morning. It will short tho, like 3 days. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Ideally - we'll go right after the wedding (married on Saturday, honeymoon on Monday). But work will ultimately determine whether that happens or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_when-are-you-taking-your-honeymoon-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:c14c1cbf-fcae-41de-9468-f56fa73ddbf8Post:3eadca37-2854-4982-9f1e-83551bbfb8bf">Re: When are you taking your Honeymoon? - Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had always been a "go with the momentum" type but now that I'm looking at where we're going, it might be better if we waited a few weeks for better pricing.  I hate being so rational!  Though I did think it sucked when my fiance's brother had to go right back to work the next day... so not the way to come back to reality after a perfect day!
    Posted by garbasaurus[/QUOTE]

garb,

where in NJ are you getting married?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We will probably leave the Monday after the wedding and we are going to the Virgin Islands.  He is planning it all out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards