July 2013 Weddings
Options

DIY MANIAC!!

I've been going crazy with DIY projects lately!  I go to Michaels and Hobby Lobby every weekend, it seems, latest coupons in hand!  Just thought I'd share what I've been up to.  Sorry these aren't the best pictures.  I took them with my ipod.

I did a mock-up of one of the centerpiece ideas I'm considering.  Since we're going to have over 20 tables, I decided to do 3 different types of centerpieces - tall, short, and non-floral.  These are teh non-floral variety.  The short ones will be done by a florist.  The tall ones we may do ourselves, depending on what florists quote us on those.  I'm kind of pleased with this!  I had a specific idea in mind of what I wanted, but couldn't find any vases like I wanted within my budget.  I found these ones at the dollar store, though and figured they were worth it.  I may use different flowers, and will attach washer to the bottom of them so they don't float.  What do you think?  I'm thinking of making runners to go under just this one, but I haven't decided yet.

These are tissue paper pomanders that I'm going to use as aisle decor at the ceremony.  I'm going to hang them from the pews.  They are so cute!!  And super easy!

I made this sign for our sweetheart table!  We can also use it as decoration in our house after!  I got the plaque at Hobby Lobby, made of wood.  I painted it white then used a tutorial I found on Pinterest to stencil on the letters.  I'm not the best painter, so it's a little messy, but I can play with it here and there until the wedding.

I also have supplies to make a picture frame card box, table numbers, and flowergirl pomanders, but won't start those yet... don't want to burn myself out!  I've been making ribbon roses to attach to favors eventually, and I've been working on a rough draft of my monogram aisle runner.  I'll probably finish that this afternoon, since all I need to paint yet is FI's name.  I'll take a picture later.  Then it'll be time to do the real thing!  Eek!  I'm very glad I did a rough draft first though!  The first draft, I traced in pen... bad idea!  I got some white charcoal pencils (the regular old #2s wouldn't make a dark enough line for me to see!) and that worked a lot better!

Thanks for letting me share!
~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: DIY MANIAC!!

• Options
    Everything looks fantastic! I loooovvveee the center mockup!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    the sweetheart table sign is adorable :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love your sweetheart table sign!

I ordered all of our vases and have been going to michael's with my coupons a lot too :-) I bought some flowers similar to the ones I want and did a mock-up of our centerpieces(click!) for our family head table this weekend and practiced bridesmaid bouquets (so much fun!) I was planning to use a florist but my mock-up turned out so good I'm thinking about DIYing them instead, and you are definitely inspiring me with your DIY projects!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also loving the sweetheart sign, I may have to make one of those now <3

Great projects! :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I am a DIY maniac with you! I don't want to do any floral centerpieces. I just can't spend that much money on flowers. They die so fast!!! I'm having a beach wedding so I'll just have to make it work. I may do a couple floating flowers or something that I can put together or have my DOC put together. Need to get my butt over to the beach theme wedding boards :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BTW- I love all the pic's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards