July 2013 Weddings
Options

Signature drinks?

Is anyone here thinking of doing signature drinks during cocktail hour and/or the reception? I haven't thought of doing it until recently but am considering it! I was curious to know if you girls are and what ideas you've had so far!!

Re: Signature drinks?

• Options
    We are. Something orange and turquoise blue...our favorite colors. I just haven't thought of names for them yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    we've got three!!

Megan of Honor's Sangria : My MOH makes THE best sangria and is gifting us gallons of it for the wedding. love her!!

Summer Romance: Vodka Lemonade

and a classic 7 and 7 to round it up. We need to think of a cute name for that! (any tips?)

Other than those, we're only serving beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our package came with a full open bar. We may put up a sign recommending our favorite drinks, but we won't have a signature drink. 
  • Options

Right now the beverage package we selected is wine, beer, and non-alcoholic drinks--after our engagement party turned into a total rager we decided we didn't want to do a full bar all night for the wedding.

But we are thinking about either doing a signature drink or having a full bar just for the cocktail hour. If we did a signature drink I was thinking of a Strawberry Basil Cooler or Sangria. Sangria seems like a good choice since FI is Italian and they always have it at family parties, but then that also means they're more picky about their Sangria lol so idk...  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a signature drink.  We're serving wine, beer, and like 5 cocktails.  One of them will be a Manhattan, but other than that we aren't sure!
  • Options
    Ours is a full open bar too, maybe I'm misunderstanding what a signature drink is? I thought it was a suggested, favorite, or theme drink to recommend to your guests? I like the idea of it though....I had my 10 year high school reunion this year and the signature drink was "panther punch". I liked how it was directly related to the theme of the night....I ordered several of them, ha!
  • Options
    I dont think we are. We also have an open bar. But if we did we were thinking of having skittles vodka to go along with the rainbow theme. No name for it though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_signature-drinks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:d1481ab5-3ce9-4390-9bd7-f7d1f3af48d9Post:be362b07-613b-4504-9d8a-f227535be347">Re:Signature drinks?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours is a full open bar too, maybe I'm misunderstanding what a signature drink is? I thought it was a suggested, favorite, or theme drink to recommend to your guests? I like the idea of it though....I had my 10 year high school reunion this year and the signature drink was "panther punch". I liked how it was directly related to the theme of the night....I ordered several of them, ha!
    Posted by kls33145[/QUOTE]

I think you're right, maybe my post was confusing.  We're doing a small list of drinks, which will include one signature drink.
  • Options
    HI ladies.

Our package also includes an open bar.  When I asked the coordinator about a signature drink, she was so excited.  We are offering up a signature drink upon arrival to cocktail hour.  Hopefully, this will ease the bottleneck at the bar, initially.

Haven't thought of a drink or a name yet, but I'm sure I'll get to mixing soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are...Our ceremony is in the courtyard of the reception venue and while we can consume alcohol in the courtyard (public space, technically), we can't have the bar out there.  So we'll be tray passing two signature drinks - probably some sort of champagne cocktail and something else and a full bar just inside from the courtyard.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards