July 2013 Weddings
Options

BM dresses

Hi Ladies! I have a question about BM dresses. It has been hard to get my girls to try on dresses because one of them lives OOS, two live over and hour away, and the only one close isn't really interested in going and says she'll be fine with whatever. Some of them have tried on dresses in a similar style by the same designer as the one I love, but no one has gotten to try on that actual dress.  Do you think it's ok to just get their measurments and order it anyway? Or should I wait until someone has tried it on? Getting stressed about this.

Re: BM dresses

• Options
    It doesn't sound like they are being all that cooperative/helpful. :( If they tried on a similar style and liked how it looked, I think you're okay getting their measurements taken and just ordering the dresses. 
  • Options
    I think so.  Do any of them live near salons that carry the dress you want? If so, you could ask them to try it on by a certain date, and let you know if there are any problems. 
  • Options
    Do you have an exact dress that you have seen in person and want them to order? If you can't get them to try it on then measurements should be fine...they'll probably want to get them altered to fit them perfect anyways so don't stress about it too much. But if you haven't seen the dress in person yourself, I'd do that before ordering--some dresses look so different from the online picture to in real life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your advice! I have actually just changed my mind and decided to ask them to pick their own styles. I'm reading the Miss Manners wedding book and it's getting to me :-)
  • Options
    If you actually like the idea of your bridesmaids picking their own dresses it can be a win-win situation. My girls LOVED it. I decided to do the whole "mismatched bridesmaids" trend by having them all pick their own style as long as it was the same designer, color and material. So I decided on Bari Jay dresses in the color "Shadow" (dark gray) and the material bella chiffon. I have to say I am loving it so far. They all have long dresses but with a style that flatters their body type. I actually decided that I wanted them all to look as unique as possible but with the same color they will still look like a team. 

The ordering process was super stressful for me too though. Eleven girls orginally (one had to drop out because she is now divorcing the best man - super awkward, especially since she payed for her dress already) Now it's down to 10 and 4 live in other states. Then 3 lost their homes in Hurricane Sandy. Some girls were super pushy about wanting to pick "the good dresses" first. Others, I had to drag to the store and they couldn't decide. One just decided to pick straight off the picture on the website and order over the phone. The last person to order will be my sister tomorrow (couldn't decide on a style and has been driving me crazy over it) My dress store hass been VERY patient with my group, I should send them flowers or something. LOL
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards